Beijing’s Peking University has been ranked number 1 in the prestigious Times Higher Education’s BRICS nations and other emerging economies university rankings for 2017, followed by Tsinghua University in second. The third spot belongs to Russia’s Lomonosov Moscow State University. China dominates the list, taking six spots in the top ten.
Other universities that made the top ten are South Africa’s University of Cape Town (4), University of Science and Technology of China (5), Fudan University (6), Shanghai Jiao Tong University (7), University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa (8), Zhejiang University (9), and National Taiwan University (10).
University: A place where pebbles are polished and diamonds are dimmed. – Robert G. Ingersoll
Ever wonder what educational institutions are the best in countries like China, India, Russia, Brazil or other nations that fall into the category of “emerging economies”?
Here is the list of the top 25 educational institutions in the emerging world:
1. Peking University, China
2. Tsinghua University, China
3. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
4. University of Cape Town, South Africa
5. University of Science and Technology of China, China
6. Fudan University, China
7. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
8. University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
9. Zhejiang University, China
10. National Taiwan University, Taiwan
11. Nanjing University, China
12. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Russia
13. University of São Paulo, Brazil
14. Indian Institute of Science, India
15. Koç University, Turkey
16. Central European University, Hungary
17. National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
18. Sabancı University, Turkey
19. National Research Nuclear University MEPhI, Russia
20. National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
21. Wuhan University, China
22. National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Taiwan
23. National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (Taiwan Tech), Taiwan
24. University of Tartu, Estonia
25. Tongji University, China
Have you read?