Some Of The Most Influential People In The Weed Industry
Over the years, the marijuana industry has been battered from pillar to post. At times, it’s barely even been an industry – but, thankfully, times are changing. Today, we can look at the marijuana industry and see people who are making a genuine difference.
These are people who can make things happen, and who have fought the fight for cannabis through their lofty position as CEO of a company. These are the people we need helping to raise more awareness – and they will, hopefully, play a vital role in the years to come.
You’ve probably heard of Mr. Gover before. As the CEO of GW Pharmaceuticals, a company using cannabis-based drug derivative treatments for close to twenty years, he has some clout. Indeed, 2016 was a good year for the company – they’ve seen stocks increase more than 100% in early 2016. This leaves the company worth not too far off $2 billion, and pulling considerable clout for the medical marijuana community in general.
The breakthrough in epilepsy medication was a landmark moment, and helped to send GW into the stratosphere – and bringing a lot of goodwill with it. As the world stops viewing cannabis with scepticism, people like Gover could be vital to leading that charge.
As a powerful investor in the industry, and a long-time supporter of legalization, DeAngelo has seen his influence soar in recent years. He founded the Harbourside Health Center in Oakland around a decade ago, and says it’s taken in more than $35m in that time of annual medical pot sales.
More importantly, though, he’s part of the ArcView group, an investment group that wants to get involved – heavily. As the president of a group that’s spoken of raising more than $70 million for over 100 companies since founding just six years ago, his clout is only likely to increase as the years go by.
Dronkers is a powerful individual within the marijuana industry as the owner of the seed bank Weed Seed Shop and the hemp company HempFlax. His importance to the industry comes in a far more sceptical market, Europe. As the owner of one of the most powerful weed seed shop fronts in Europe, he’s a pioneer for a part of the world which is becoming increasingly more open-minded.
Having discovered the importance of hemp fibre working as a craftsman of fine clothing through travel and trade in Asia, Dronkers found inspiration for what has become a ground-breaking industry in Europe.
His work in not only Weed Seed Shop but also HempFlax will be vital for helping to improve the marijuana – and crucially, the hemp – industries. As far as his importance to the market goes in selling the best image possible of marijuana to Europeans, Dronkers has been a most positive proponent for the majority of his life. Few better salesmen exist, as the west begins to soften as a whole (albeit slowly) on marijuana.
Although many people are making a huge name for themselves in the industry, the three above are becoming particularly prominent for those interested in the business side. The future, with their assistance, could be very interesting.
You may also be interested in:
- Two-Step Guide to Work-Life Balance: Eliminate or Delegate A few years ago one of my companies signed on a big client that I was really excited […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- World’s 25 Best Universities For Business And Economics In 2016 Not surprisingly, in first place, claiming this year's title of best university for […] Posted in Rankings
- Tesla Tops World’s Most Innovative Firms List While Apple Drops Out: RANKED 2016 Tesla Motors, the electric vehicle manufacturer was ranked No. 1 on a list of the most […] Posted in Success Insider
- Loyds Banking Group Sells private equity business to Coller Capital- Cavendish Square Partners LP Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) has agreed to sell its private equity business, earning LBG […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- The Top 10 List Of Asia’s Super Rich Millennials Unsurprisingly, in Wealth-X's ranking of the Asia's Super Rich Millennials, Chinese […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Good job Kobes, Kobe Bryant and Vanessa have reconciled and dropped divorce filings The Los Angeles Lakers superstar, Kobe Bryant and his wife, Vanessa Bryant, both […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Secret To Success: What It Takes To Become An Entrepreneur? The talks about becoming a successful entrepreneur seem to be redundant now. It seems […] Posted in India Insider, Luxury Insider
- When Disney films have taken a darker turn- Worst Disney moments 1) The Black Cauldron- The Black Cauldron was the first Disney animated feature to be […] Posted in Rankings
- Essential Business Intelligence Skills to Teach Your Employees If you belong to an organization where learning never exhausts the mind and you believe […] Posted in CEO Insider
- The Top Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) That You Should Consider Following On Twitter Given the fact that Twitter is the fastest growing social platform in the world, a study […] Posted in Rankings