5 Things to Consider When Buying Clients Holiday Gifts
December is the perfect opportunity to show customers how appreciated they are and how much you enjoy being their partner. Whether you’re a small business owner or CEO of a Fortune 500 company, showing gratitude is extremely important for client retention and company reputation.
According to a recent Small Business Trends article, 80 percent of a company’s future profits come from 20 percent of existing customers. The takeaway? Maintaining positive and progressive client relationships is one of the strongest things you can do to grow your business in the years to come.
Need more reasons to send a holiday gift this year? Companies lose a staggering 71 percent of consumers due to poor customer service.
One of the many ways you can show clients your appreciation is sending a nice note or gift on special occasions, such as Christmas or Hanukkah. It’s those simple gestures that make a client feel important and set you apart from the competition. The good news is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to simply show your appreciation.
Simplify the shopping process with these five considerations to keep in mind when purchasing corporate gifts:
- Get Personal. The best client relationships are the ones where you know each other well. You likely have a main point of contact for each of the customers you work with and you probably know them pretty well by now. Tailor your gift to your main point of contact’s preferences, so they can see you remembered something they like. For example: If you know your client loves peppermint, find a gift that includes their favorite flavor.
- Sharing is Caring. Even though you want to tailor to your main point of contact, it’s important to keep in mind that your gift will be shared among an entire office once it arrives. So, pick something a large group of people can enjoy. By selecting a gift that everyone can share, you and your business gain a positive reputation with the company as a whole – not just the boss.
- Customize It. Have you ever received a personal gift with your name or initials on it? It probably made you feel like the gift giver put a lot of time and thought into what they gave you. Gift customization is one of the easiest ways to make people feel special. Consider adding your client’s logo or name on the gift box ribbon or on the gift itself.
- Represent yourself. Try to represent yourself within the gift package you send to your clients. You are making an impression on everyone who sees and receives your gift, so you want to be sure it showcases who you are well. For example, is your customer living in another state? Send them something unique to where you are based. Most importantly, always be sure to include a personal note with your gift to add extra sentiment and thoughtfulness.
- Let the Elves Help. Don’t add extra work to your staff’s plate just before the holidays. Looks for options that package and ship products directly to your clients so you don’t have to worry about the hassle. Before you ship your gift, make sure the office you’re sending it to will be open on the date your gift arrives. And, keep in mind that most online retailers have specific dates you must place orders by so that your gifts arrive on time to the recipient.
If you take these five tips into consideration, your gift is sure to please! Remember that now is the time to place your orders with the holidays right around the corner. If you do end up behind, use the delay to your advantage to stand out from the crowd. Send it instead to arrive just after the New Year as people return back to work. You’ll be the only package arriving and will start the new calendar year off right.
Have you read?
The 25 Most Influential People In American News Media For 2016
Top 10 Best Executive Search Firms That Dominate The Recruiting Business
Top 50 Best Places To Work In 2017 Among Large US Employers
Sustainability: It’s More Than Just Being Green
Her team makes specialty treat assortments for made-to-order individual and corporate gifts that can be delivered nationwide in a wide selection of beautiful and whimsical packaging.