25 Best Universities In Europe: Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College, And ETH Zurich Tops 2016-2017 Rankings
The University of Oxford ranked as Europe’s top university in this year’s Times higher education world university rankings. Among the top 25 European universities, University of Cambridge is ranked 2nd, Imperial College London 3rd, Switzerland’s ETH Zurich 4th, and the University College London 5th.
Europe is one of the world’s most popular destination for overseas students. Oxford’s rise can be attributed to its growing international reach: Research funding rose 10% and total income rose to $1.83 billion.
After London School of Economics and Political Science in the No. 6 slot, the University of Edinburgh, Sweden’s Karolinska Institute, Switzerland’s École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, and Germany’s LMU Munich rounded out the top 10.
The publication ranked 980 of the world’s leading research universities, drawing on 150 separate data points. The survey takes into account a variety of indicators, including quality of teaching and research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
These are the top 25 best universities in Europe:
1. University of Oxford, United Kingdom
2. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
3. Imperial College London, United Kingdom
4. ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Switzerland
5. University College London, United Kingdom
6. London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
7. University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
8. Karolinska Institute, Sweden
9. École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
10. LMU Munich, Germany
11. King’s College London, United Kingdom
12. KU Leuven, Belgium
13. Heidelberg University, Germany
14. Technical University of Munich, Germany
15. University of Manchester, United Kingdom
16. Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
17. Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
18. University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
19. Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
20. École Normale Supérieure, France
21. Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
22. University of Bristol, United Kingdom
23. Free University of Berlin, Germany
24. Leiden University, Netherlands
25. RWTH Aachen University, Germany
You may also be interested in:
- The Becoming Principle The first time you sat on a two-wheel bicycle with the training wheels off, you didn’t know how to ride it. You’d seen plenty of people riding bikes, and you probably had someone there to […] Posted in Growth Leaders
- The Myth Of The Rock-Star Leader In 2011, amid much fanfare, JCPenney appointed Ron Johnson as its new CEO. Hailing from Apple and Target, where he held powerful positions, Johnson was glorified for great innovations at […] Posted in Leadership
- Are Happy CEOs Most Likely To Be Efficient And Effective? What do you think is the primary objective of our lives and careers? A study by the Free University of Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Bolzano in Italy found that that happy people […] Posted in Leadership
- How Windows has managed to stay relevant over the past 30 years? So exciting. This was almost 30 years ago, on November 10, 1983, chief executive officer and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation Bill Gates announced Windows 1.0. And […] Posted in Leadership
- The 10 Snobbiest Cities In the United States revealed… and San Francisco ranked No. 1 So yeah, turns out San Francisco have been ranked number one in a list of the top 10 snobbiest big cities in the United Statest. All signs point to "yes, definitely," but is this an insult […] Posted in Rankings
- Tips To Make Sure Your Linkedin Profile Is Irresistible To Hiring Managers, Recruiters, And Potential Employers Launched in 2003, LinkedIn has become a leading tool in the hands of key decision makers, executives and recruiters. The site has more than 238 million users, who use it as a place to […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.