Can Instability Hurt Liveability: World’s 10 Most Comfortable Cities To Live, 2016
Melbourne, the Australian city has been named the world’s most comfortable city to live in, according to The Economist. It is also worth noting that 6 of the top ten most comfortable cities to live in, are in Australia and Canada.
In all, 140 of the world’s major cities were compared. Closely trailing the Australian city was Austrian capital Vienna, Canada’s Vancouver, Toronto, and Calgary ranked third and fourth respectively.
“We do not take this title for granted and are constantly planning and implementing policies that will continue to improve our quality of life,” Melbourne lord mayor Robert Doyle said.
The world’s most liveable cities ranking takes 30 factors into account, “stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure.”
Here are the top 10 most comfortable cities to live in the world, according to the assessment:
1. Melbourne, Australia
2. Vienna, Austria
3. Vancouver, Canada
4. Toronto, Canada
5. Calgary, Canada
5. Adelaide, Australia
7. Perth, Australia
8. Auckland, New Zealand
9. Helsinki, Finland
10. Hamburg, Germany
Instability impacts liveability:
Liveability has deteriorated in 29 of the 140 cities (20%) surveyed over the last 12 months. The worst city to live, according to the publication, is Damascus, Syria, because of ongoing civil war.
You may also be interested in:
- The Top Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) That You Should Consider Following On Twitter Given the fact that Twitter is the fastest growing social platform in the world, a study concluded by The CEOWORLD magazine named "Top Chief Information Officers (CIOs) That You Should […] Posted in Rankings
- Top 10 Cities In The World For Magical And Adventurous Nightlife From Ibiza to Goa, a recent survey conducted by National Geographic magazine has put Dublin in Ireland on rank 1 in the "top ten cities in the World for nightlife" list, beating places […] Posted in Leadership
- How to set regional sales targets When setting regional goals, you need hard data to back up your position. Otherwise, you might be setting goals that are unsuitable. Market data allows you to quantify the opportunity. […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings, Perspective, Growth Leaders, CEO Insider
- Most Influential Journalists On Twitter That I think Will Be Worth Following Ever wondered who the most influential journalists on Twitter?Today, I’ve compiled a list to help you discover some of the most influential journalists that i think will be worth […] Posted in Rankings, Education
- How To Choose A Stellar Keynote Speaker For Your Corporate Culture? Choosing a keynote speaker can be a challenging and risky endeavor. Many companies struggle to find a speaker who will meet their many objectives, fit within their corporate culture, and […] Posted in Leadership
- The top-25 best business schools in the world based on the average earnings of graduates Stanford University's Graduate School of Business was ranked first in the world when it came to the "average earnings of graduates," according to the FT 2016 ranking of global MBA […] Posted in Rankings
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.