Can Instability Hurt Liveability: World’s 10 Most Comfortable Cities To Live, 2016
Melbourne, the Australian city has been named the world’s most comfortable city to live in, according to The Economist. It is also worth noting that 6 of the top ten most comfortable cities to live in, are in Australia and Canada.
In all, 140 of the world’s major cities were compared. Closely trailing the Australian city was Austrian capital Vienna, Canada’s Vancouver, Toronto, and Calgary ranked third and fourth respectively.
“We do not take this title for granted and are constantly planning and implementing policies that will continue to improve our quality of life,” Melbourne lord mayor Robert Doyle said.
The world’s most liveable cities ranking takes 30 factors into account, “stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure.”
Here are the top 10 most comfortable cities to live in the world, according to the assessment:
1. Melbourne, Australia
2. Vienna, Austria
3. Vancouver, Canada
4. Toronto, Canada
5. Calgary, Canada
5. Adelaide, Australia
7. Perth, Australia
8. Auckland, New Zealand
9. Helsinki, Finland
10. Hamburg, Germany
Instability impacts liveability:
Liveability has deteriorated in 29 of the 140 cities (20%) surveyed over the last 12 months. The worst city to live, according to the publication, is Damascus, Syria, because of ongoing civil war.
You may also be interested in:
- Empower Employees with Productivity through Automated Access and Workflows If you work in a corporate office, you probably understand the annoyance of making […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Top 25 Best Cities For Hotels In The World: 2014 Winners List Cape Town in South Africa was recently named world's best destination for hotels, […] Posted in Rankings
- First-Look of the Good Luck.. BUT only Once First-Look of the Good Luck.. BUT only Once Posted in Leadership Insider
- Top 10 Best Cologne for Men- Men’s Fragrances CEOs and business executives are always searching for a new signature scent or colognes […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Hulu BBC Deal: A Positive Step After Some Cloudy Times Thanks to a deal with the BBC Worldwide North America, the video-streaming website […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- CEOs and Trust: Why Collaboration Wins Out Over Command And Control “Can’t we all just work together?” When former Ford CEO Alan Mulally asked a group of […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Top Sales Professionals To Follow On Twitter For The Latest Trends, Tips And Ideas Are you looking to connect with some of the top sales thought leader in the business? […] Posted in Rankings
- The Financial Benefits of Reducing Print Companies routinely spend millions of dollars — between 1 and 3 percent of their revenue […] Posted in CEO Insider
- How a Hackathon Could Improve Your Product Launch? Hackathons are nothing short of a ritual at many tech companies. Traditionally a way for […] Posted in Rankings
- Realcan’s Chairman Han Xu Joins The Exclusive Ranks Of The World’s Billionaires Following gains in the share price of the Shenzhen-listed Shandong Realcan […] Posted in Leadership Insider