The Top 10 Wealthiest Countries Ranked In 2016 List
Unsurprisingly, US is the wealthiest in the world in terms of total individual wealth held ($48,900 billion) while China stood 2nd and Japan 3rd, with total individual wealth of $17,400 billion and $15,100 billion, respectively, according to a report by New World Wealth. Four countries from Europe appeared on the list, while 3 from Asia made it to the rankings.
Others in the top five wealthiest nations club include the United Kingdom (4th) with a total individual wealth of $9,200 billion and Germany (5th, $9,100 billion).
Rounding up the top ten are France ($6,600 billion), India ($5,6700 billion), Canada ($4,700 billion), Australia ($4,500 billion), and Italy ($4,400 billion), which came in at 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th slots, respectively.
Top 10 countries, ranked by total individual wealth, 2016
1. United States
Total individual wealth: $48,900 billion
Total individual wealth: $17,400 billion
Total individual wealth: $15,100 billion
4. United Kingdom
Total individual wealth: $9,200 billion
Total individual wealth: $9,100 billion
Total individual wealth: $6,600 billion
Total individual wealth: $5,600 billion
Total individual wealth: $4,700 billion
Total individual wealth: $4,500 billion
Total individual wealth: $4,400 billion
Top 10 countries, ranked by per capita wealth (average wealth per person), 2016
In terms of wealth held per person, Monaco and Liechtenstein ranks as top two countries, average person in Monaco, owns $1.6 million in wealth and average person in Liechtenstein, owns $610,000 in wealth.
Average wealth per capita: $1,556,000
Average wealth per capita: $610,000
Average wealth per capita: $284,000
Average wealth per capita: $203,000
Average wealth per capita: $193,000
Average wealth per capita: $179,000
Average wealth per capita: $157,000
8. United States
Average wealth per capita: $151,000
9. United Kingdom
Average wealth per capita: $147,000
Average wealth per capita: $143,000
*Wealth refers to net assets of an individual. It includes all their assets (business interests, cash, equities, property) less any liabilities, the report said adding that it excludes government funds from its figures.
You may also be interested in:
- 2015’s Top 10 Software-as-a-Service solution for big data analytics companies list After undergoing a rigorous selection process, Alteryx, Ayasdi, C3 Energy, 1010data, and BeyondCore was recognized among the foremost Software-as-a-Service solution for big data analytics […] Posted in Rankings
- Essential Business Intelligence Skills to Teach Your Employees If you belong to an organization where learning never exhausts the mind and you believe in enhancing your finesse so much so that you gain a distinct career lift, this article is a […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Emma Watson named top feminist celebrity of 2014; a list worth paying attention The 24-year-old British star, Emma Watson has claimed the title of top feminist celebrity for the year 2014 in a Ms. Foundation for Women online poll conducted in partnership with the […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
- Utilizing Root Cause Analysis In Business And Management To Solve Problems And Improve the Business Have you ever questioned or wondered why some issues, problems and challenges do not seem to improve or get better? This is almost similar to throwing darts at a dart board and never […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Executive coaching is back in fashion Economic growth in the UK has led to a resurgence in businesses using executive and leadership coaching as a learning development tool to improve the performance of senior executives and […] Posted in Rankings
- Top 10 shocking and sticky situations- heroic, tragic or inspiring tales of survival 1) Simon Yates and Joe Simpson- The two British mountaineers made the first-ever climb of the West Face of the 21,000 foot snow-covered Siula Grande mountain in Peru. The survival of Yates […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.