If you want to launch a startup but don’t know where, be sure to check out the CNBC’s first-ever report on the best cities in the United States to start a business in for 2016. Austin, Texas, ranks number 1 on the list of best U.S. cities to start a business. The study found that “the greater Austin area is breeding the highest rate of new entrepreneurs in the country.”
In case you’re wondering about Austin’s competition, with a population of 116,288, Provo, the 3rd-largest city in the US state of Utah, ranks number 2 on the list, and Washington ranks third. Other cities in the top ten include Denver (No. 4), Charlotte, N.C. (No. 5), Houston (No. 6), Ogden, Utah (No. 7), Dallas (No. 8), Des Moines, Iowa (No. 9), and San Antonio (No. 10).
Towns such as San Francisco and New York were left off the list because of tax rates and the high cost of living.
Here are the top 20 cities worth moving to if you want to launch a startup:
1. Austin, Texas
2. Provo, Utah
3. Washington, D.C.
5. Charlotte, N.C.
7. Ogden, Utah
9. Des Moines, Iowa
10. San Antonio
12. McAllen, Texas
13. Colorado Springs, Colo.
14. Raleigh, N.C.
15. Sarasota, Fla.
16. El Paso, Texas
18. Salt Lake City
19. Las Vegas
To determine the rankings, A variety of factors interact to create the ideal circumstances for a new business venture – things like tax and regulatory climate, workforce, access to capital and cost of living.
Researchers used different metrics – things like environment for small-business success, the cost of doing business, quality of life, labor force and diversity.
Where in the U.S. would you choose to start your next business? Share your top city picks in the comments section below!
Have you read?
1) The 25 Most Innovative Economies In The World, 2016, Switzerland Tops Again
2) World’s Top 50 Largest Chemical Companies Based On Sales In 2015
3) 15 US Universities have made it to the top 20 best research institutions list, 2016
4) Don’t Break The Chain: 5 Ways To Retain Your MBA Network Forever
Latest posts by Amy Grant
- Pro Tips: Ensure Email Deliverability with the Help of An Email Address Checker - August 13, 2018
- How to Start A Business, And Grow it in Your 70s - August 13, 2018
- What are the Best States for Starting a Business? - August 8, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com