The Top 20 U.S. Cities To Launch Your Next Venture In A Business, 2016
If you want to launch a startup but don’t know where, be sure to check out the CNBC’s first-ever report on the best cities in the United States to start a business in for 2016. Austin, Texas, ranks number 1 on the list of best U.S. cities to start a business. The study found that “the greater Austin area is breeding the highest rate of new entrepreneurs in the country.”
In case you’re wondering about Austin’s competition, with a population of 116,288, Provo, the 3rd-largest city in the US state of Utah, ranks number 2 on the list, and Washington ranks third. Other cities in the top ten include Denver (No. 4), Charlotte, N.C. (No. 5), Houston (No. 6), Ogden, Utah (No. 7), Dallas (No. 8), Des Moines, Iowa (No. 9), and San Antonio (No. 10).
Towns such as San Francisco and New York were left off the list because of tax rates and the high cost of living.
Here are the top 20 cities worth moving to if you want to launch a startup:
1. Austin, Texas
2. Provo, Utah
3. Washington, D.C.
5. Charlotte, N.C.
7. Ogden, Utah
9. Des Moines, Iowa
10. San Antonio
12. McAllen, Texas
13. Colorado Springs, Colo.
14. Raleigh, N.C.
15. Sarasota, Fla.
16. El Paso, Texas
18. Salt Lake City
19. Las Vegas
To determine the rankings, A variety of factors interact to create the ideal circumstances for a new business venture – things like tax and regulatory climate, workforce, access to capital and cost of living.
Researchers used different metrics – things like environment for small-business success, the cost of doing business, quality of life, labor force and diversity.
Where in the U.S. would you choose to start your next business? Share your top city picks in the comments section below!
Have you read?
1) The 25 Most Innovative Economies In The World, 2016, Switzerland Tops Again
2) World’s Top 50 Largest Chemical Companies Based On Sales In 2015
3) 15 US Universities have made it to the top 20 best research institutions list, 2016
4) Don’t Break The Chain: 5 Ways To Retain Your MBA Network Forever
You may also be interested in:
- The World’s Top 20 Most Prosperous Economies, 2015 Despite being outside the European Union, Norway has been named the most prosperous economy in the world, followed by Switzerland and Denmark, according the Legatum Institute, a think-tank […] Posted in Leadership
- How To Set Goals And Objectives And Successfully Achieve Them? One of the most popular subjects that people ask me about is ‘How to Set Goals & Objectives and How to Successfully Achieve them.’ I am often asked about this subject from […] Posted in Leadership
- How The Clymb outdoor enthusiasts startup raises $2 million from J Allard and others? The Clymb, the industry-leading venue for connecting premium outdoor enthusiasts, athletes and professionals, announced that it closed more than $2 million in Series A funding, led by the […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
- List of the 15 companies hiring the most tech talent right now 2015 Aerospace and defense giant Lockheed Martin ranked No. 1 on the list of the top 15 companies hiring the most tech talent right now, with 1,938 jobs that pay $60,000 per year or […] Posted in Leadership
- Top 20 Most Recognizable Songs Of All Time Oddly enough, a recent study by Manchester's Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) argues that “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls may be the most recognizable song --- the catchiest song ever. […] Posted in Rankings
- Top 10 countries best at using economic growth to improve the wellbeing of its citizens Norway is ranked number 1 out of 162 countries and Hong Kong, when it comes to using economic growth to improve the wellbeing of its citizens, according to a report by the Boston […] Posted in Education