World’s Top 50 Largest Chemical Companies Based On Sales In 2015
German chemical company BASF ranked number one among the world’s top 50 chemical companies, according to Chemical & Engineering News. The world’s 50 largest chemical companies combined for $775.2 billion in sales for 2015, fell 10.8 percent from a year earlier.
With $48.8 billion in sales for 2015, Dow Chemical is No. 2 on the list of the largest chemical companies in the world, followed by Sinopec, SABIC, and Taiwanese chemical maker Formosa Plastics Group.
Two major factor influencing the ranking: first is the oil prices, averaged about $49 per barrel in 2015, down from $93 in 2014, second factor is the currency strength. In 2014, a euro cost $1.33 on average. In 2015, it cost $1.11.
US chemicals giants Dow Chemical and DuPont’s planned $130 billion merger will create a behemoth that would have had nearly $70 billion in chemical sales, enough to consider the new company, the largest chemical company in the world.
World's Top 50 Largest Chemical Companies Based On Sales In 2015
|Rank||Company||Chemical Sales in 2015||Country|
|2||Dow Chemical||$48.8 billion||US|
|4||SABIC||$34.3 billion||Saudi Arabia|
|5||Formosa Plastics||$29.2 billion||Taiwan|
|8||LyondellBasell Industries||$26.7 billion||Netherlands|
|9||Mitsubishi Chemical||$24.3 billion||Japan|
|11||LG Chem||$18.2 billion||South Korea|
|12||Air Liquide||$17.3 billion||France|
|15||Toray Industries||$15.5 billion||Japan|
|16||Evonik Industries||$15.0 billion||Germany|
|17||PPG Industries||$14.2 billion||US|
|21||Sumitomo Chemical||$13.3 billion||Japan|
|22||Reliance Industries||$12.9 billion||India|
|25||Mitsui Chemicals||$11.1 billion||Japan|
|27||Shin-Etsu Chemical||$10.6 billion||Japan|
|28||Lotte Chemical||$10.4 billion||South Korea|
|29||Huntsman Corp.||$10.3 billion||US|
|32||Air Products & Chemicals||$9.9 billion||US|
|33||Eastman Chemical||$9.6 billion||US|
|34||Chevron Phillips Chemical||$9.2 billion||US|
|39||Asahi Kasei||$8.5 billion||Japan|
|40||Sasol||$8.3 billion||South Africa|
|41||SK Innovation||$8.2 billion||South Korea|
|43||Hanwha Chemical||$7.1 billion||South Korea|
|47||Johnson Matthey||$6.5 billion||UK|
|49||PTT Global Chemical||$6.4 billion||Thailand|
You may also be interested in:
- Pushing the Boundaries of Marketing at Adobe Summit EMEA During this week’s Adobe Summit in London – Adobe’s annual European digital marketing conference – Adobe continued to push the boundaries of marketing with digital marketing technology […] Posted in Rankings
- Software-as-a-Service and Cloud Tech Companies, Past and Future: Infographic Last year saw a big rise of SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) and cloud-based tech companies, and 45 of them went public on Wall Street – including well-known startups like Marketo, RetailMeNot […] Posted in Leadership
- The Top 7 Overpaid Nonprofit Executives In America: Charity CEOs 2014 Ted A. Beattie, President and Chief Executive Officer of Shedd Aquarium, was the highest paid charity CEO among the overpaid nonprofit executives in America, according to a report on […] Posted in Rankings
- The 7 most important things CEOs need to know about presenting I’ve learned a great deal from my many years in the boardroom and leading as an executive but by far the most important lesson is that the most compelling CEOs use every speaking […] Posted in Rankings
- Best Resume Writing, Builder and Creation Software Resume Builder- Sarm SoftwareResume Builder saves you money and time, completing the work for you. The software creates your own customized, professional and visually appealing resume […] Posted in Leadership
- Fast-Growing Home Health Industry Helps Meet Needs of Sandwich Generation Americans are living longer. This, combined with the fact that many couples are waiting until later in life to have children, has created a situation that is quickly developing into a […] Posted in CEO Insider
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.