The world’s 19 most expensive cities to set up a business, 2016
New York has been named the world’s most expensive city to set up a business, according to new report by the property broker Savills, followed by Hong Kong, and the British capital London. Two European cities are in the top 10: London, which takes third place, and Paris in fifth.
The total annual cost per employee of living and working accommodation in New York is $114,010, while 2nd place Hong Kong posted a 1% increase in cost to US$100,984.
Tokyo is in 4th place, with accommodation costs jumping 22% to US$85,331. Trailing behind Tokyo as the world’s most expensive cities to set up a business are Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Dubai, Sydney and Los Angeles.
Report compares how much it would cost for international companies to set up a team of employees per capita in major cities around the world – to rent and occupy office space and housing for their employees.
The world’s 19 most expensive cities to set up a business
1. New York City, US — $114,010
2. Hong Kong — $100,984
3. London, UK — $100,141
4. Tokyo, Japan — $85,331
5. Paris, France — $82,880
6. San Francisco, US — $66,268
7. Singapore — $61,335
8. Dubai — $53,913
9. Sydney, Australia — $50,768
10. Los Angeles, US — $50,215
11. Miami, US — $49,946
12. Lagos, Nigeria — $45,817
13. Chicago, US – $45,456
14. Dublin, Ireland — $45,147
15. Moscow, Russia — $43,966
16. Shanghai, China — $42,577
17. Berlin, Germany — $29,933
18. Mumbai, India — $28,592
19. Johannesburg, South Africa — $20,905
You may also be interested in:
- List of Top Ten albums, Music Videos and songs on the iTunes right now List of Top Ten Albums on the iTunes Store1. "El Camino," The Black Keys2. "Christmas," Michael Bublé3. "Lioness: Hidden Treasures," Amy Winehouse4. "21," ADELE5. […] Posted in Rankings
- 3 Retention Strategies Known Only by the Most Successful CEOs It’s no secret employee retention is critical to the long-term success of any organization. Today, the job market has recovered enough that according to the US Bureau of Labor and […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Perch Launches Live Video Communications Mobile App To Bridge The Gap Between Remote Offices Vancouver-based ambient video startup, Perch, launches a live video communications mobile app to bridge the gap between remote offices through an always-on video conference via […] Posted in Leadership
- Most Exciting And Promising Technology Startups For Entrepreneurs: Worth Watching I rounded up a few notable technology startups for entrepreneurs to find inspiration. Some of these exciting and promising tech startups may thrive for years, some may get acquired and […] Posted in Rankings
- What is new at Google’s annual developer conference (Google I/O 2011)? With the announcement of Android tablets coming in the near future, Google’s annual developer conference (Google I/O 2011 ) on May 10 and 11 sold out under an hour Monday morning. In 2010, […] Posted in Leadership
- Do you know your CEO Decision IQ? Why your Company’s Decision Elasticity matters? On a cold day in Detroit January 5th, 1914 Henry Ford made a decision that would change history. He decided to pay his assembly workers more than twice the going $2 per day wage at the […] Posted in Rankings
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.