Why So Few: 15 Highest-Paid Female Celebrities For 2016?
While the singer-songwriter Taylor Swift is the highest-paid entertainer in the world, she was the only female celebrity to feature in the top 5, according to Forbes’ annual list of the highest-paid celebrities for 2016. Interestingly, out of 100 highest-paid celebrities, there are only 15 female entertainers, and that’s down from 16 the year before.
The “White Horse” singer charts ahead of fellow stars like Adele, who is 9th on the list with $80.5 million, Madonna is at 12th with $76.5 million, Ellen DeGenere and Rihanna – at one place below with $75 million each. Megastar Beyoncé Knowles’s $54 million was only enough for the 34th place on the list.
“Perhaps I was naïve to think this would be the one Forbes list where women would outearn men or at least be up there in equal numbers. I thought that given our obsession with every aspect of the lives of female celebrities – from what they’re eating, to where they holiday, the size of their breasts and how they parent – that they’d at least be taking home more money at the end of the week for their efforts,” said Angela Priestley, Publisher and founding editor of Women’s Agenda.
Taken as a group, these 15 women pulled in $892.5 million pretax over the past 12 months. Here’s who those 15 women are, and how many millions they make.
|1||Taylor Swift||$170 million||1|
|4||Ellen DeGeneres||$75 million||13|
|6||Beyoncé Knowles||$54 million||34|
|7||Kim Kardashian||$51 million||42|
|8||Judy Sheindlin||$47 million||48|
|9||Jennifer Lawrence||$46 million||49|
|10||Sofía Vergara||$43 million||58|
|11||Katy Perry||$41 million||63|
|12||Jennifer Lopez||$39.5 million||68|
|13||Melissa McCarthy||$33 million||86|
|14||Gisele Bündchen||$30.5 million||99|
|15||Britney Spears||$30.5 million||99|
In spite of progress in the past decade, women still face tougher odds getting to — and staying in!
You may also be interested in:
- Making more progress – to accelerate progress look at how you make decisions. Leaders make many decisions each day. Decisions that range from simple things such as what tie or dress to wear, to more strategic matters such as where to invest, what product to launch […] Posted in Growth Leaders
- Top 25 Best Cities For Hotels In The World: 2014 Winners List Cape Town in South Africa was recently named world's best destination for hotels, according to a study published on the booking website Agoda, which looks at destinations with the […] Posted in Rankings
- 7 Lessons CEOs Can Learn from Donald Trump Before Donald Trump was in politics, he was one of the biggest business tycoons in the United States. He made most of his money through real estate investments, which is a very tough […] Posted in Leadership
- Sterling Bancshares adds ex PricewaterhouseCoopers Joe Koshkin to board Sterling Bancshares Inc. (SBIS) said that it added Joe Koshkin to its board of directors.Mr. Joe Koshkin is a former partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, and predecessor firm […] Posted in Leadership
- Top 50 Most Expensive Cities in the world To Rent An Apartment, 2015 Report The New York City has been ranked the most expensive city in the world to rent property in, renting a furnished 2-bedroom in the Big Apple costs an average of $4,620 a month, according to […] Posted in Perspective
- Iranian president Hasan Rouhani urging his staff to join Facebook and other social media sites Newly elected reformist-backed President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Hasan Rouhani is urging his government staff and ministers to join Facebook social network, and he himself is […] Posted in Rankings
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.