The 15 Highest-Paying U.S. Cities For Information Security Professionals, 2016
It may come as a surprise that Minneapolis is the highest-paying city in America for information security professionals when taking into account the cost of living, according to the 2016 ranking by Indeed, the job search and company review site.
An information security specialist in Minneapolis make an “adjusted salary” of $127,757 a year, after looking at data on salaries as well as cost-of-living expenses. Seattle, home to tech giants such as Microsoft, Amazon, and Twitter, ranked No. 2 on the highest-paying list. The top 5 highest-paying U.S. cities on the list were Minneapolis, Minnesota; Seattle, Washington; San Francisco, California; Dallas, Texas; and Denver, Colorado.
Underpaid? Here are the 15 highest-paying U.S. cities for information security professionals:
Minneapolis ranks No. 1 on list of highest-paying cities in America for information security professionals.
|Rank||City||State||Average salary (adjusted)||Average salary (unadjusted)|
|8||Salt Lake City||Utah||$106,207||$105,889|
|9||New York||New York||$102,271||$131,623|
|12||Washington||District of Columbia||$92,191||$114,951|
You may also be interested in:
- Benefits Of Optimizing Cash Management Your ability to consistently generate sales and revenue is important to your small business’s financial well-being, but how efficiently you manage your cash can also have a significant […] Posted in Leadership
- 4 Ways to Effectively Sell to Baby Boomers Using Technology Baby Boomers just might be the key to increasing your revenues. There are approximately 76 million Baby Boomers (adults aged 51-69 years) in the United States. And these Baby Boomers hold […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Watch out for the New Apple Watch Sucking Your Time If you thought you already were under bombardment from communication and information, think again. The release of Apple’s new Watch signifies the dawn of what I call […] Posted in Leadership
- How The Global Airline Industry Can Overcome Barriers To Growth And Innovation? So what are the barriers which airline CEOs face when looking to expand? With the global economic realignment and rising profits, airline chief executives are looking to invest in […] Posted in Rankings
- America’s Top 50 Most Environmentally-Responsible Colleges, 2016 The College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor has been named as the most environmentally-responsible college in the U.S., according to a ranking released by the Princeton Review’s 2016 Guide […] Posted in Rankings
- A Picture is Worth A Thousand: Understanding the Importance of the Visual Web Today, the growth of what is known as the “Visual Web” is rapidly outstripping the traditional internet. What this means is that images – photographs, memes, videos are becoming the […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.