The 200 Billion Dollar Club: World’s Largest Companies By Market Capitalization, 2016
It is not surprising that the top 3 largest companies by market capitalization, in 2016, are all technology companies: Apple, Alphabet (the newly minted parent company of Google), and Microsoft. So, you want to get into the 200 billion-dollar club, try your luck at developing technology solutions.
The 200 billion-dollar club, though, is not like The Eagles’ Hotel California; you can check-out any time you like, and you can leave, too.
The 200 Billion Dollar Club: These are the world’s largest companies ranked by current market capitalization (U.S.$ billions)
|Rank||Company||Country||Sector||Market capitalization (U.S.$ billions)|
|4||Berkshire Hathaway Inc||USA||Financials||350|
|5||Exxon Mobil||USA||Oil and Gas||347|
|7||Johnson & Johnson||USA||Health Care||298|
|8||General Electric Co||USA||Industrials||295|
|10||Wells Fargo & Co||USA||Financials||245|
|12||Nestle SA||Switzerland||Consumer Goods||239|
|13||China Mobile Ltd||Hong Kong||Telecommunications||228|
|15||Procter & Gamble Co||USA||Consumer Goods||223|
|16||Verizon Communications Inc||USA||Telecommunications||221|
|17||JPMorgan Chase & Co||USA||Financials||217|
|18||Wal-Mart Stores Inc||USA||Consumer Services||215|
|19||Roche Holding AG||Switzerland||Health Care||214|
|20||Petrochina||China||Oil and Gas||205|
|21||The Coca-Cola Co||USA||Consumer Goods||201|
|22||Anheuser-Busch InBev||Belgium||Consumer Goods||200|
Note: Market Capitalization on 31 March, 2016.
You may also be interested in:
- Top 20 Most Valuable Sports Franchises In The World: 2015 List Real Madrid have retained their number one spot in Forbes 2015 list of the top 50 most valuable sports teams in the world for a 3rd straight year. According to the American business […] Posted in Leadership
- 25 most romantic cities in America for 2016 Interestingly, Virginia Beach has been named the most romantic American city of 2016, according to a new ranking released by OpenTable, a website dedicated to analyzing and empowering […] Posted in Leadership
- Top 10 Best Sexiest Perfumes for woman- woman’s Fragrances and Perfumes That Attract Men There are two distinct things about perfume. The bottle and the fragrance. Women can appreciate each, make sure the fragrance is nice and the bottle represents something special to her as […] Posted in Leadership
- 4 Ways to Effectively Sell to Baby Boomers Using Technology Baby Boomers just might be the key to increasing your revenues. There are approximately 76 million Baby Boomers (adults aged 51-69 years) in the United States. And these Baby Boomers hold […] Posted in CEO Insider
- The Myth Of The Rock-Star Leader In 2011, amid much fanfare, JCPenney appointed Ron Johnson as its new CEO. Hailing from Apple and Target, where he held powerful positions, Johnson was glorified for great innovations at […] Posted in Leadership
- 5 Mindset Shifts To Rapidly Grow Your Business From the moment you pull into your office parking lot in the morning, until the moment you finally leave for home in the evening, your day is packed with a barrage of urgent demands. Your […] Posted in Rankings
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.