It’s a well-documented fact that schools specialize in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) programs are becoming better investments of tuition dollars.
Many schools are ramping up their STEM curriculum to help prepare young Americans for the future needs — idea is that it will increase job opportunities.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was ranked No. 1 on the list of the 20 best schools in America for STEM , 2016, according to the Forbes magazine, United States Naval Academy (USNA), ranked second in STEM followed by Cornell University in Ithaca, NY, in the third position. Other standouts on our list include Rice University in Texas, United States Air Force Academy, which round out the top five.
The list of top 20 STEM schools, whose most popular areas of study included at least 40% in STEM according to the Department of Education’s College Scorecard. The list is based on the magazine’s “Best Value” colleges, sorted by those that specialize in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, or STEM.
Following are the top 20 schools that specialize in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) Programs in America for 2016:
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
2. United States Naval Academy
3. Cornell University
4. Rice University
5. United States Air Force Academy
6. California Institute of Technology
7. Harvey Mudd College
8. Carnegie Mellon University
9. Johns Hopkins University
10. Georgia Institute of Technology
11. Cooper Union
12. Case Western Reserve University
13. United States Coast Guard Academy
14. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
15. Colorado School of Mines
16. Worcester Polytechnic Institute
17. California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
18. University of Portland
19. Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
20. North Carolina State University, Raleigh
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj (see all)
- World’s Top 10 Gaming Influencers For 2017, According To Forbes: Markiplier, PewDiePie, and VanossGaming Tops - 06/26/2017
- The Great Fall Of Tim Cook: America’s Top 100 Highest-Rated CEOs For 2017 - 06/23/2017
- World’s 50 Most Expensive Cities, 2017: Luanda, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Zurich, Singapore Tops - 06/23/2017