The 10 best islands in the world in 2016, according to holidaymakers
Which of the world’s islands has won the hearts of holidaymakers, the readers of T+L magazine picked Palawan Island, in Philippines, as the World’s Best Island in in 2016, Santorini ranked 5th. From Palawan to Santorini, here are the world’s top 10 islands, as chosen by holidaymakers.
Travelers in search of most spectacular island landscapes should head to the Philippines, it seems. No less than three Philippine islands cropped up in the World’s Best Islands list, with Palawan in 1st place, Boracay in 2nd and Cebu in 6th.
Below is are the islands that made it to top 10 World’s Best Islands list with the scores culled from readers ratings:
1. Palawan, Philippines [Score: 93.71]
2. Boracay, Philippines [Score: 90.47]
3. Ischia, Italy [Score: 90.22]
4. Waiheke Island, New Zealand [Score: 90.00]
5. Santorini, Greece [Score: 89.07]
6. Cebu, Philippines [Score: 88.65]
7. Maui, Hawaii [Score: 88.55]
8. Hilton Head, South Carolina [Score: 88.35]
9. Kauai, Hawaii [Score: 88.33]
10. Bali, Indonesia [Score: 88.24]