The Top 28 American Colleges With The Most Billionaire Alumni, 2016
It may come as a surprise to learn that the school with the most billionaire alumni isn’t Harvard. It’s another Ivy League institution, the University of Pennsylvania, according to a new report by Forbes magazine, which has ranked American colleges in terms of number of billionaire alumni.
Recession? What recession?
Want to be a billionaire? Consider these schools. Does your choice of college matter?
Penn has more billionaires among its alumni than any other university in the United States. 21 current billionaires have undergraduate or graduate degrees from the University of Pennsylvania.
Harvard University and Yale University tie for the 2nd-highest number of alumni, with 14 apiece. The 4th-biggest billionaire producer is Stanford, that educated 13 billionaires, followed by the University of Southern California with 11 current billionaires.
The other universities in the top 10, in descending order: Cornell, Princeton, Columbia, Dartmouth, and the University of Michigan.
Report also found that 108 of the 406 billionaires on The Forbes 400 list, 2015 — never received a bachelor’s degree at all.
Take a look to see which schools have the most super rich alums — the full list of the top 28 American schools below:
|Rank||School||Number of billionaires|
|1||University of Pennsylvania||21|
|5||University of Southern California||11|
|10||University of Michigan||6|
|12||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||5|
|13||University of California, Los Angeles||5|
|14||Michigan State University||4|
|15||New York University||4|
|16||University of California, Berkeley||4|
|18||Claremont McKenna College||3|
|19||Southern Methodist University||3|
|20||University of Arizona||3|
|21||University of Arkansas||3|
|22||University of California, San Diego||3|
|23||University of Denver||3|
|24||University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign||3|
|25||University of Maryland||3|
|26||University of Tennessee, Knoxville||3|
|27||University of Texas, Austin||3|
|28||University of Washington||3|
Are you surprised by any of the colleges on this list? Leave a comment and let us know what you think!
You may also be interested in:
- Top 10 Countries That Produce The Most Hydroelectricity China is the world’s largest producer of the hydroelectricity. The annual production of hydro electricity in China is estimated at 856.350 billion kilowatt hours, roughly double the […] Posted in Leadership
- ExamWorks Group Inc (EXAM) to buy Texas-based MES Group Inc for about $200 million US independent medical examinations provider ExamWorks Group Inc (EXAM) said it planned to buy Texas-based MES Group Inc for about $200 million in cash and stock, including USD10m in debt. […] Posted in Rankings
- Best Trendy Legging Denim Jeans for Women to buy- Top deal Here is a list of the Top Best Trendy Legging Denim Jeans for Women to buy, that’ll be perfect for her. With a lineup of surprising new styles, the first rule of shopping for Legging Denim […] Posted in Leadership
- The top 20 business schools in the U.S. for 2017 The Harvard Business School (HBS), in Massachusetts, took the highest award as No. 1 in America in the annual best graduate schools ranking, 2017 by U.S. News and World Report, HBS […] Posted in Rankings
- Top 10 Hottest Hollywood Action Movie Actress 1) Angelina Jolie Movie: Tomb Raider Director: Simon West Stars: Angelina Jolie, Jon Voight and Iain Glen Paramount has taken the famous video game heroine Lara Croft and transformed […] Posted in Leadership
- The under-appreciated 2013 Golden Globes is in full swing – heavyweights contenders The first major awards show of the season, The Golden Globes never completely mirror the Academy Awards, which will be held on Sunday in Beverly Hills, California, by the Hollywood Foreign […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.