The top 10 worst cities with the most polluted air, 2016
What’s the world’s most polluted city? Well, it isn’t Beijing or Delhi — the actual city with the most polluted air is in Iran. The Iranian city of Zabol comes out on top, according to the new data released by World Health Organisation (WHO). India’s capital, comes 11th in this ranking, while Beijing, the Chinese capital, is far down the list at 57.
Zabol is followed by two Indian cities, Gwalior and Allahabad, while Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh (3rd) and Al Jubail, ranked 4th in the database. Zabol had an average daily PM2.5 reading of 217; Gwalior’s was 176. India had 4 cities in the top 10 worst cities with air pollution.
WHO’s guidelines call for no more than 10 micrograms of PM 2.5 per cubic meter. Below, a look at the 10 cities with the most polluted air, along with their yearly average PM 2.5 levels:
1 Zabol, Iran – 217
2 Gwalior, India – 176
3 Allahabad, India – 170
4 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – 156
5 Jubail, Saudi Arabia – 152
6 Patna, India – 149
7 Raipur, India – 144
8 Bamenda, Cameroon – 132
9 Xingtai, China – 128
10 Baoding, China – 126
You may also be interested in:
- The Renaissance CFO: From Numbers Producer to Strategic Partner In today’s global economy, the job of the CFO is broadening beyond the finance function into a more strategic role. CEOs are in need of CFOs who not only have a firm grasp of financial […] Posted in Leadership
- World’s Top 50 Largest Chemical Companies Based On Sales In 2015 German chemical company BASF ranked number one among the world's top 50 chemical companies, according to Chemical & Engineering News. The world’s 50 largest chemical companies combined […] Posted in Rankings
- The 10 Most Endangered Jobs In America, 2015 Will postal workers go the way of the dinosaur? Mail delivery has been named 2015's most endangered job in the US, according to the job hunting website CareerCast’s JobsRated 2015 […] Posted in Leadership
- Why Is Outgoing Ford CEO Alan Mulally So Happy? Among the 50 Best Global Green Brands, car giants occupy the top four positions in the list, led by Ford, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. For the past 3 years, Toyota, the world's biggest maker […] Posted in Rankings
- List Of Top 17 Financial Problems Facing American Families Nearly a quarter of Americans called “health care costs” and “lack of money or low wages rank” the “most important financial problems” facing their families, according to a recent Gallup […] Posted in Rankings, CEO Insider
- Why Many Business Leaders Often Find It Difficult To Ask For Help One of the most important concepts I’ve learned in business is also one of the simplest: Just ask for help. Many business leaders today pride themselves on doing things on their own. They […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.