World’s Top 20 Cities Most Vulnerable To Coastal Flooding By 2070
Unfortunately, India’s Kolkata and Mumbai top the list of cities whose populations are most exposed to coastal flooding, with 14 million and 11.4 million respectively, according to new study on climate change, published by the UK based Christian Aid charity.
Bangladesh’s Dhaka will sit in close 3rd place with 11.1 million, followed by Guangzhou in China, Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Shanghai in China, and Bangkok in Thailand. Most of these cities are in India, China, and the United States.
By the year 2060, a dangerous mix of rising sea levels and extreme weather is set to expose more than a billion people – about a seventh of the world’s population.
World’s top 20 most flood-threatened cities ranked in terms of population exposed to coastal flooding in 2070:
|Rank||Cities||Countries||Coastal population exposed ( 2070)|
|5||Ho Chi Minh City||Vietnam||9,216,000|
|17||New York City / Newark||US||2,931,000|
You may also be interested in:
- Why Chinese And Indian Companies Are Failing To Innovate? Surprisingly, not even a single Chinese or Indian company managed to scrape onto a list of the top 100 most innovative businesses in the world, 2015. Meanwhile, the list was […] Posted in Leadership
- The Old G7 And The Hypothetical New G7: Impact On The World Economy While the world seems to be constantly floundering in financial, geopolitical, and economic turbulence, IMF's semi-annual World Economic Oultook report suggests that 7 big emerging markets […] Posted in Rankings
- How to increase Your Twitter Followers? Twitter is considered as the best social networking site due to its simplicity and applications. one thing that excites me, Twitter is gaining popularity day by day. So how can you […] Posted in Leadership
- The top 25 most sustainable companies in the world 2015 Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Biogen Idec, the American biotech juggernaut primarily focused on treating multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases, is the […] Posted in Leadership, CEO Insider
- Clash of the Titans: Amazon vs. the New York Times Philosopher Ayn Rand once wrote that “morality is a code of black and white” and famously concluded that there could be no such thing as a moral “grey zone.”More than two months after […] Posted in Leadership
- Is Your Balanced Scorecard Hurting Your Results? Sarah winced as the hourly stack rankings beeped through her smartphone.She didn’t have to say a word. Karin knew that look from the inside out. She’s been on the frantic receiving end […] Posted in Perspective
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.