These are the countries with the highest tax on cigarettes in the world in 2014
Astonishingly, Bosnia and Herzegovina emerges on top of the list of countries with the highest tax on cigarettes in the world in 2014, with 86 percent of the total price of cigarettes made up of tax.
Israel isn’t too far behind, smokers in Israel pay 75 percent tax on their cigarettes. Slovakia
come in third with 84.6 percent.
And yes, smokers in nearly all of the top 25 countries pay over 77% tax on their cigarettes.
To measure it we used the World Health Organization’s “total tax rate” — Total tax includes cigarette specific excises, ad valorem excises (percentage of the total cost), value added taxes, import duties and other taxes.
Here is the countries with the highest tax on cigarettes in the world in 2014:
|Country||Total tax on cigarettes (percentage)|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||86|
|United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland||81.3|
|The former Yugoslav republic of Macedonia||69.8|
|Republic of Korea||60.3|
|Republic of Moldova||51.6|
|United States of America||42.9|
|Bolivia (Plurinational State of)||40.4|
|United Arab Emirates||21.1|
|Iran (Islamic Republic of)||4.3|
You may also be interested in:
- Top 10 Adult or Sex Magazines- Pornographic Magazines Hustler- A monthly pornographic magazine, first published in 1974 by Larry Flynt. The sexiest women and pictorials, shocking exposes, political articles and gut-busting laughs. From […] Posted in Leadership
- Freida Pinto Indian actress looks Nude In Victoria Beckham pink dress on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon The Indian actress, Freida Pinto, made a guest appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as she continues to promote her new movie,”Rise of the Planet of the Apes”, wearing a peach […] Posted in Leadership
- How a Hackathon Could Improve Your Product Launch? Hackathons are nothing short of a ritual at many tech companies. Traditionally a way for developers to test and poke holes in new programs and software applications before releasing to the […] Posted in Rankings
- How small businesses are creating new job opportunities for many poor people: Pictures? The shoemaker in Turkey, the potato seller in Vietnam, and the washerman in India are among the billions of low income entrepreneurs, who makes the world population go round. Please find […] Posted in Rankings
- 24 Highest-paid hosts in the news business: Top Paid News Anchors In the world of TV news, NBC “Today” co-anchor Matt Lauer has been named the highest paid hosts in the news business ---- top-paid news broadcaster, drawing an estimated $22-25 million […] Posted in Leadership
- 25 Of The Most Powerful Customer Satisfaction Quotes To keep things in perspective, here is a collection of the most inspirational customer satisfaction quotes from the best in the business. I hope you recognise the power that lie in these […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.