The top 20 wealthiest people and families in Britain and Ireland, 2016
David and Simon Reuben, Indian-born brothers, were named as the wealthiest people in Britain, with their assets estimated at $18.9 billion (13.1 billion pounds). The Reubens’ fortune increased by 3.4 billion pounds over the past year, said the compilers of the Sunday Times rich list, 2016.
Publicity-shy Reuben brothers, who also own London Oxford Airport and London Heliport, were born in India to a wealthy Iraqi-Jewish family before moving to Britain in the 1950’s and built their wealth in metals and property.
Srichand and Gopichand Hinduja – also brothers – finished a close 2nd with 13 billion pounds, followed by Warner Music owner Len Blavatnik at 11.59 billion pounds.
The 1,000 richest people and families listed are worth a total of 576 billion pounds, up from 547 billion pounds in 2015. There are also a record 125 women on this year’s top 1,000 list.
The top 20 wealthiest people and families in Britain and Ireland, 2016:
|1||David and Simon Reuben||13.1 billion pounds|
|2||Sri and Gopi Hinduja||13 billion pounds|
|3||Len Blavatnik||11.6 billion pounds|
|4||Galen and George Weston and family||11 billion pounds|
|5||Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli||9.78 billion pounds|
|6||The Duke of Westminste||9.35 billion pounds|
|7||Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken and Michel de Carvalho||9.15 billion pounds|
|8||Kirsten and Jorn Rausing||8.7 billion pounds|
|9||Hans Rausing and family||8.6 billion pounds|
|10||Alisher Usmanov||7.58 billion pounds|
|11||Lakshmi Mittal and family||7.12 billion pounds|
|12||Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay||7 billion pounds|
|13||Roman Abramovich||6.4 billion pounds|
|14||John Fredriksen and family||6.3 billion pounds|
|15||Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber and family||5.84 billion pounds|
|16||Earl Cadogan and family||5.7 billion pounds|
|17||Sir James Dyson and family||5 billion pounds|
|18||Nicky Oppenheimer and family||4.83 billion pounds|
|19||Sir Richard Branson and family||4.52 billion pounds|
|20||John Grayken||4.42 billion pounds|
You may also be interested in:
- A Case for Bitcoin: Perspective for Retailers and Equity Sponsors Bitcoin is almost certainly the most controversial currency in the world right now. You may have heard about Silk Road, the anonymous marketplace through which myriad illegal goods were […] Posted in Leadership
- Cheers to Oktoberfest- women or beer… How to Enjoy? Oktoberfest, a popular German festival but held throughout the United States, mostly in the months of September & October. Oktoberfest is a festival for all ages that includes thrill […] Posted in Leadership
- How to Handle an Interview Gone Wrong Job interviews can be notoriously stressful, even if you end up acing the interview. However, when an interview starts to go wrong. If your interview begins to go wrong, it can be a bit […] Posted in Leadership
- Turn, The Cloud Based Real-Time Bidding (RTB), Marketing, And Analytics Platform Launches Japan Operations One of the leading cloud based real-time bidding (RTB) and analytics platform "Turn" opened its first office in Japan and appointed Akito Sato as country manager. The top executives in the […] Posted in Leadership
- What Does The Average Super-Rich Billionaire Look Like In 2014: Fun Facts? So if it's your dream to become a billionaire, a burning question on your mind; what does the average ultra-wealthy billionaire look like in the year 2014?Well, latest Wealth-X and USB […] Posted in Rankings
- List Of World’s 10 Most (And Least) Liveable Cities For The Average Worker 2014 And while it might come as a surprise to some, When it comes to urban living, Swiss cities never fail to impress. Geneva and Zurich top the list of the world's most liveable cities for the […] Posted in Rankings
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.