The 10 Most Generous British Celebrities In 2015
The music icon Elton John and novelist Jk Rowling have emerged as the most generous celebrities in Britain, according to the Sunday Times’ giving list, which also included One Direction and David Beckham.
The 69-year-old British singer-songwriter Elton John gave 26.8 million pounds in 2015, mostly to his Aids foundations in Britain and America.
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, the second most generous celebrity, gave away 10.3 million pounds of her fortune to good causes, including her childrens’ charity Lumos Foundation and the Volant Charitable Trust.
Other celebs that made the list include England footballing legend David Beckham, who donated 5 million pounds to children’s charities, Irish golfer Rory McIlroy and Colin Montgomerie. Bands Coldplay and One Direction were also in the top 10, donating 1.7 million pounds and 800,000 pounds respectively to charity.
The top 10 list of most generous British celebrities in 2015 are:
1) Elton John (26.8 million pounds)
2) JK Rowling (10.3 million pounds)
3) David Beckham (5.0 million pounds)
4) Martin Lewis (2.5 million pounds)
5) Coldplay (1.7 million pounds)
6) Ringo Starr (1.6 million pounds)
7) Jamie Oliver (1.4 million pounds)
8) Rory McIlroy (1.0 million pounds)
9) Colin Montgomerie (0.9 million pounds)
10) One Direction (0.8 million pounds)
You may also be interested in:
- Blue Ivy Carter, Jay-Z and Beyonce baby girl – the most anticipated celebrity child One of the hardest working women in show business, Beyonce gave birth to a daughter named Blue Ivy- the most anticipated celebrity child. Glad the baby is healthy. Jay-Z, originally Shawn […] Posted in Leadership
- Are Rick and Kathy Hilton- Paris Hilton Parents broke? Rumors continue to mount on social media sites such as facebook and twitter today both Rick Hilton and Kathy Hilton were approved for the credit line of $10 million on their Bel Air […] Posted in Rankings
- The 25 Best Towns For Winter Holidays In America 2014 It's no surprise that snow covered rocky mountain town Aspen, Colorado sitting at Number 1 on the America’s Best Towns for the Winter Holidays list by Travel and Leisure Magazine.The […] Posted in Rankings
- Infographic: How To Choose The Right Office Space Options The way we work has changed pretty radically over the past couple of decades, with today’s office landscape almost unrecognisable from what’s gone before. Many start-ups are forgoing […] Posted in Growth Leaders
- The Business of Vulnerability (and its shadow: failure) In the world of business, vulnerability is not a word one would associate with positivity, unless it’s perhaps being used to describe a competitor’s market position. It’s a term synonymous […] Posted in Leadership
- A Picture is Worth A Thousand: Understanding the Importance of the Visual Web Today, the growth of what is known as the “Visual Web” is rapidly outstripping the traditional internet. What this means is that images – photographs, memes, videos are becoming the […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.