The music icon Elton John and novelist Jk Rowling have emerged as the most generous celebrities in Britain, according to the Sunday Times’ giving list, which also included One Direction and David Beckham.
The 69-year-old British singer-songwriter Elton John gave 26.8 million pounds in 2015, mostly to his Aids foundations in Britain and America.
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, the second most generous celebrity, gave away 10.3 million pounds of her fortune to good causes, including her childrens’ charity Lumos Foundation and the Volant Charitable Trust.
Other celebs that made the list include England footballing legend David Beckham, who donated 5 million pounds to children’s charities, Irish golfer Rory McIlroy and Colin Montgomerie. Bands Coldplay and One Direction were also in the top 10, donating 1.7 million pounds and 800,000 pounds respectively to charity.
The top 10 list of most generous British celebrities in 2015 are:
1) Elton John (26.8 million pounds)
2) JK Rowling (10.3 million pounds)
3) David Beckham (5.0 million pounds)
4) Martin Lewis (2.5 million pounds)
5) Coldplay (1.7 million pounds)
6) Ringo Starr (1.6 million pounds)
7) Jamie Oliver (1.4 million pounds)
8) Rory McIlroy (1.0 million pounds)
9) Colin Montgomerie (0.9 million pounds)
10) One Direction (0.8 million pounds)