What Personally Motivates CEOs To Act On Climate Change?
A desire to protect the interests of future generations is seen as a critical or even overriding factor that motivates CEOs to drive business action on climate change, according to PwC’s CEO pulse on climate change survey.
However, three out of five surveyed (63%) said they were personally motivated by creating a reputational advantage. Just over half (53%) identified improving shareholder value as a motivator. Other factors on the list include “building trust” with 52%, “consumer demand” with 50%, “resilience” 44%, and “talent” 40%. Only 5% of CEOs said no action was being taken.
When asked what personally motivates CEOs to drive business action on climate change?
1. Future Generations 81%
2. Reputation 63%
3. Shareholder Value 53%
4. Building Trust 52%
5. Consumer Demand 50%
6. Resilience 44%
7. Talent 40%
The following chart shows the top 7 responses.
PwC surveyed 142 CEOs across Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Africa, North America and the Middle East in July 2015.
You may also be interested in:
- The 25 Most Reputable Cities In The World 2014 Austria's capital Vienna was recently announced as the world’s most reputable city by the New York-based Reputation Institute, while Munich and Montreal was new to the elite class of top […] Posted in Rankings
- Why you should focus on the B players According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the national quit rate is rising, and has reached its highest rate since the recession at 2%. This is a great indicator that the economy is […] Posted in Leadership
- Meet The Top 9 Most Powerful Women In The World In 2014: Why So Few? When the 2014 Forbes' 6th annual ranking of “The World's 72 Most Powerful People” list appeared, Putin Vs. Obama, Narendra Modi, Jack Ma, Satya Nadella, and 30-year-old Facebook CEO Mark […] Posted in Leadership
- Why pop princess Britney Spears and Jason Trawick split? The 31-year-old pop princess Britney Spears has called off her yearlong engagement with talent agent-turned-fiancé Jason Trawick. The couple got engaged in December 2011. There are rumors […] Posted in Rankings
- Top 30 Least Influential People In The United States: Non-Influencers List 2014 US President Barack Obama just can't catch a break, can he?America's GQ Magazine has released their list of the "least influential people of 2014," with President Obama coming in at […] Posted in Rankings
- How to Make Offshoring Work for Your Company While taking staff cost crunch offshore has become a solution for many small and medium-size businesses (SMEs), horror stories of outsourcing gone wrong abound among chief executives and […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.