10 Countries That Spend The Most Money On International Tourism, 2014
It’s no surprise that China, the Asian powerhouse, has topped the list of the top 10 countries whose travellers spend the most on international tourism for the year 2014, according to the 22015 United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) report.
Tourism is obviously a huge moneymaker for countries that are top international tourism destinations based on foreign tourist arrivals, but some tourists spend more than others.
Which country spends the most money on travel?
Chinese travellers spent a record US$ 164.9 billion abroad in 2014, currently generates some 13% of global tourism spending. With 8.9% of the market share, the 2nd largest spenders were Americans, spent $110.8 billion while traveling abroad last year.
Meanwhile, Germany, the third biggest spender on international tourism, reported a modest 1% increase in expenditure to US$ 92 billion.
Interestingly, the gap in expenditure between top spender China, and second largest spender the U.S., widened to US$ 54 billion.
See the top 10 tourism spenders in the chart below.
1. China (US$ 164.9 billion)
2. United States (US$ 110.85 billion)
3. Germany (US$ 92.2 billion)
4. United Kingdom (US$ 57.6 billion)
5. Russian Federation(US$ 50.4 billion)
6. France (US$ 47.8 billion)
7. Canada (US$ 33.8 billion)
8. Italy (US$ 28.8 billion)
9. Australia (US$ 26.3 billion)
10. Brazil (US$ 25.6 billion)
You may also be interested in:
- Will Anna Kournikova be able to shape NBC show The Biggest Loser like Jillian Michaels could? The Russian beauty, a well-known tennis star Anna Kournikova will be joining US series of NBC show "The Biggest Loser" as a trainer. It announced on the final episode of the current […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
- The 15 Most Innovative Companies In The World 2014 For the fourth consecutive year, Salesforce.com, the world’s leading customer-relationship software firm tops the 2014 list as the World's Most Innovative Company by Forbes […] Posted in Leadership
- A Picture is Worth A Thousand: Understanding the Importance of the Visual Web Today, the growth of what is known as the “Visual Web” is rapidly outstripping the traditional internet. What this means is that images – photographs, memes, videos are becoming the […] Posted in Leadership
- Top Best free open source forum application Software phpBB is a popular Internet forum package written in the PHP scripting language. The name “phpBB” is an abbreviation of PHP Bulletin Board. Available under the GNU General Public License, […] Posted in Leadership
- How Windows has managed to stay relevant over the past 30 years? So exciting. This was almost 30 years ago, on November 10, 1983, chief executive officer and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation Bill Gates announced Windows 1.0. And […] Posted in Leadership
- The 50 Wealthiest People In China List: Richest Billionaires in 2014 Chinese tech billionaires account for 5 of China’s top 10 wealthiest people, Alibaba founder and CEO Jack Ma Yun has become the country’s wealthiest man with a fortune estimated at $25 […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.