7 Tips On How To Keep Peace With Your Difficult Business Clients
Many successful businesses can have a difficult time in pleasing all of their customers. Some customers can be difficult to manage which can cause a lot of problems for your business. As a result, here a few few tips on how to work effectively with clients who give you a hard time.
1. Always Protect Yourself.
The most important thing to do is to learn how to protect yourself. Always get everything in writing so there are no misunderstandings down the road.
2. You Can’t Please Everybody:
The law of averages state that sooner or later you will work with a difficult client and/or get a bad testimonial from somebody.Its 100 percent impossible to please everybody regardless how good you may be or how many awards you may have won.
3. Develop A Good Reputation.
Its important to develop a good reputation in your field before dealing with your difficult clients. The last thing any business person wants to happen is to have one disgruntled client ruin the last 15 years of your successful business.
4. Develop a strong network of friends.
Develop a network of loyal friends who can help you down the road. Your friends can give you additional advice on how to deal with difficult people.
5. Be Honest And Sincere.
You need to be sincere and caring all the time and not just when your in the public eye. People can tell when someone is truly honest and caring. A person should not do anything that they wouldn’t want to become public. If problems do arise from your clients, people will always side with the honest and sincere person.
6. Talk to the person who is giving you a hard time.
Explain to the person what the problem is and ask him or her for some suggestions on solving the problem. Sometimes, your clients might not realize what they are doing. Ask them nicely if you can do anything differently.
7. Look at your current problem through your customer’s eyes.
Put yourself in your customer’s shoes and get a feel of how they view the situation. You might be surprised at what you find.
Everybody has to deal with a not so great customers. The key is to find ways to reduce any conflicts. Open communication is very important. Be flexible and try following these suggestions. If nothing else works, then maybe you need to seek additional guidance.
To get you off on the right foot, the team over at CEOWORLD magazine has put together 25 of the best, most inspirational customer service and satisfaction quotes.
How does your brand handle customer service? Do you have any favorite quotes regarding customer service you want to share?
You may also be interested in:
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Holiday Stress Level Down No matter where you live, the holidays can be a super busy time, with piles of things to do, expectations to meet, places to go, people to shop for and more tasks to deal with. It’s no […] Posted in Leadership
- The Top 10 Most Favourite Irish Beaches For 2015 The travel website Tripadvisor reveals its 2015 readers' most favourite top ten Irish beaches, Inchydoney beach in West Cork has been voted the best beach in Ireland for the second year in […] Posted in Rankings
- The Myth Of The Rock-Star Leader In 2011, amid much fanfare, JCPenney appointed Ron Johnson as its new CEO. Hailing from Apple and Target, where he held powerful positions, Johnson was glorified for great innovations at […] Posted in Leadership
- UC Browser Brings Social Networks Widget To The iPad: Social Links With 2014 around the corner, UC Browser just released v2.3 for iPad, bringing a new feature called Social Links and an upgraded Floating Video Player. The browser, claims to be one of the […] Posted in Leadership
- Should Research in Motion needs to ditch its BlackBerry handset business to survive? With disappointing quarterly results, dismal outlook for Blackberry sales and word on streets Research in Motion would delay the introduction of new devices, technology experts and […] Posted in Leadership
- Leading the Way – How a healthy workplace starts from the top It takes fortitude, energy, endurance and mental agility to run a company successfully and sustain the pace. So why are so many leaders under-nourished, exhausted and overweight yet […] Posted in CEO Insider