17 Insightful Quotes From Richard Branson On Life, Leadership, And success
I’ve always been a fan of Richard Branson, the entrepreneur billionaire. One thing I love most about Branson is that he never looks stressed out, grumpy, uptight, or unhappy. Richard Branson is one of the most flamboyant and successful entrepreneurs in the world. He has an estimated net worth of $4.9 billion. Branson’s entrepreneurship even led to his being knighted in 1999.
And so, for your inspiration and delight, here are some of our favorite, Richard Branson’s wise and memorable quotes quotes that can lead you to success. Clearly the man is successful – not just in wealth but in his approach to living his sincere smile and candid approach to business are wonderfully alluring. I hope these quotes inspire you to think, act, walk or maybe even talk like him.
1. “My definition of success? The more you’re actively and practically engaged, the more successful you will be.”
2. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and by falling over.”
3. “You shouldn’t blindly accept a leader’s advice. You’ve got to question leaders on occasion.”
4. “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long university education that I never had–every day I’m learning something new.”
5. “Some 80% of your life is spent working. You want to have fun at home; why shouldn’t you have fun at work?”
6. “My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them.”
7. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.”
8. “I’m prepared to try anything once.”
9. “Having a personality of caring about people is important. You cant be a good leader unless you generally like people. That is how you bring out the best in them.”
10. “Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated. It is hard to keep things simple.”
11. “The brands that will thrive in the coming years are the ones that have a purpose beyond profit.”
12. “Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you in life into capital, so that you can do more of it and move forward with it.”
13. “To launch a business means successfully solving problems. Solving problems means listening.”
14. “To me, business isn’t about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It’s about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials.”
15. “Records are made to be broken. It is in man’s nature to continue to strive to do just that.”
16. “Well, I think that there’s a very thin dividing line between success and failure. And I think if you start a business without financial backing, you’re likely to go the wrong side of that dividing line.”
17. “To be successful, you have to be out there. You have to hit the ground running and if you have a good team around you, and more than a fair share of luck, you might make something happen. But you certainly can’t guarantee it just by following someone else’s formula.”
And then there’s my very favorite one of all – something that I actually say fairly often: “Screw it, let’s just do it.” What is your favourite quote from Richard Branson?
Has he inspired you to follow through with your business ideas?
Which one resonates with you? Or perhaps I’ve missed out your personal pick? Let us know below
You may also be interested in:
- List of Top 10 most awesome celebrity boob jobs ever Boob job or breast augmentation increases breast size and creates a lovely, full shape. There is no set price for breast enlargement surgery as every single patient is different and […] Posted in Leadership
- Top 11 Youngest American Billionaires 2014: Wealthiest Under 40 30-year-old Dustin Moskovitz, a cofounder of Facebook and the current CEO of the organization app Asana, is the youngest billionaire in the US, according to the Forbes 400 Richest […] Posted in Leadership
- What Is a Company’s Role In Employees’ Financial Fitness? Why Does Employee Financial Wellness Matter?Employers are increasingly providing their employees with more choices when it comes to retirement planning, health care, and other […] Posted in Perspective
- Windows Phone 7 on Groupon- sign of how bad WP7 phones sales are Now you can see Windows Phone 7 handsets selling? Microsoft Store in Chicago is using Groupon to offer 50% off on two of the phones Samsung Focus on AT&T and HTC HD7. Both Samsung […] Posted in Rankings
- SortFix a unique search technology for personalized search experience SortFix is a new enterprising company that has developed a unique search technology for providing a personalized search experience. Combining powerful text-analysis algorithms with a […] Posted in Leadership
- Exactly How Much EDM DJs Are Making: World’s Highest Earning DJs Of 2016 For the 4th year in a row, Scotland's biggest dance export Calvin Harris is once again the world’s highest earning EDM artists, pulling in $63 million pretax, according to Forbes […] Posted in Education
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.