World’s Top 10 Most Expensive Countries For Tourists To Visit, 2015 Report
Unsurprisingly, Switzerland is the most expensive country in the world for tourists to visit, according to the World Economic Forum’s 2015 travel and tourism competitiveness report. Here are 10 countries to avoid, if you’re travelling on a tight budget.
As expected, the majority of the destinations on the list are European but there are a couple of outside entries including Australia. The report looked at 141 different countries and compared a number of factors related to tourism: hotel accommodations, airport charges, cost of living, ticket taxes, purchasing power parity (PPP)*, fuel prices, and so on.
Below is the list of the top 10 most expensive countries around the world, including how much the average international visitor spends during each trip.
World’s Top 10 Most Expensive Countries For Tourists To Visit, 2015 Report:
2. United Kingdom
*Note: Travel and tourism competitiveness report, 2015. An example of purchasing power parity (PPP): If the purchasing power parity in the United States is 1 and the purchasing power parity in Poland is .6, then a cup of coffee in Poland is 40% cheaper than it is in the United States, relative to the Polish zloty. Purchasing power parity (PPP) is based on the GDP of each economy.
You may also be interested in:
- Why startups should consider M&A as an exit strategy The IPO market has been struggling in 2016, due in part to ongoing volatility in the equity markets, as well as the perception of another venture capital bubble. As a result, many startups […] Posted in Leadership
- Six Steps to Making Happiness a Competitive Advantage for Your Organization Simply put, happy employees perform better. Studies have shown that increased employee well-being results in increased performance and productivity for employees’ companies or […] Posted in Rankings
- Top 5 Worst Executive Mistakes Of 2014: Biggest CEO Blunders Whoops! Which chief executives made the most egregious blunders in 2014?Charlie Harary, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of H3 & Co. reveals the worst executive mistakes of […] Posted in Rankings, CEO Insider
- International Business Relationships Take More Than Trial and Error Not everyone has a degree in international business, but you might sometimes feel like you need one. Whether you’re working with colleagues or clients from another culture — on your turf […] Posted in Leadership
- 5 Solid Suggestions to Reinforce Your Company Culture One of the key challenges that face any business owner is how to build a business that is independent of themselves. In other words, how can they build a business that isn’t reliant on […] Posted in Leadership
- Are you a Junk Mail? Recently, I got really fed up with junk mail, so I now have a notice in my window requesting that I not have any more delivered through the door. The same goes for cold callers to whom I […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.