Moscow in Russia has been voted the unfriendliest city in the world in a survey conducted by Travel + Leisure. Interestingly, 9 cities of the United States of America find a mention in the TOP 15 list of the least friendly cities in the world.
“Travel + Leisure readers didn’t find Muscovites to be particularly helpful,” the magazine said. The magazine ranked the world’s cities according to their readers’ ratings of friendliness in the destinations, Atlantic City in New Jersey was ranked the 2nd least friendly city in the world.
Russia’s St. Petersburg came third on the list, with rude residents leaving travellers less than impressed. The top 5 least friendly cities were Moscow in Russia, Atlantic City in New Jersey, St. Petersburg in Russia, Marseille in France, and Los Angeles in California.
A significant number of the top ten unfriendliest cities are located in the US (including Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Las Vegas and the world’s #2 unfriendliest city – Atlantic City).
1) Moscow, Russia
2) Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
3) St Petersburg, Russia
4) Marseille, France
5) Los Angeles, California, USA
6) New York, New York, USA
7) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
8) Baltimore, Maryland, USA
9) Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
10) Cannes, France
11) Beijing, China
12) Miami, Florida, USA
13) Washington, DC, USA
14) Frankfurt, Germany
15) Boston, Massachusetts, USA
See the top 15 most friendly cities below:
1) Galway, Ireland
2) Charleston, USA
3) Dublin, Ireland
4) Cork, Ireland
5) Siem Reap, Cambodia
6) Auckland, New Zealand
7) Melbourne, Australia
8) Sydney, Australia
9) Edinburgh, Scotland
10) Savannah, Georgia
11) Cape Town, South Africa
12) Austin, Texas
13) Kyoto, Japan
14) Nashville, USA
15) Asheville, USA
Have you read?
1. The Top 10 Most Amazing Yacht Charter Destinations, 2015
2. Finance And HR Employees: The Biggest Cybersecurity Threat To Business?
3. The World’s Top 10 Most Dangerous Nations: Least Peaceful Countries Of 2015
4. Alignment Between CEOs, Marketing and Communications Teams Can Put Bucks In The Trust Bank
5. 5 Ways to Boost Employee Engagement in Light of Amazon’s Culture Controversy
Which city in the world would you consider the friendliest – or unfriendliest? Share your Comments in the box below.