The World’s Top 10 Most Dangerous Nations: Least Peaceful Countries Of 2015
Syria have been named world’s most dangerous country of 2015, while Iceland is the most peaceful country in the world, according to the Global Peace and violence Index.
Due to its civil war and the rise of Islamic State (IS), Syria has a Global Peace Index (GPI) score of 3.645, the highest in the world. The Global Peace Index examines the state of peace in 162 nations according to 23 different metrics.
Iraq came in 2nd most dangerous country in the world for civilians to live. Afghanistan, South Sudan, and Central African Republic round out the top five.
Somalia, Sudan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Pakistan, and North Korea also feature in the top 10 list.
When it comes to GPI scores, a lower number means a country is more peaceful, and a higher one indicates it is more violent. So when it comes time to plan your next holiday, we suggest you avoid the below, unless of course it’s necessary to travel there.
So, here is a look at the top 10 countries that are considered to be the most dangerous countries in the world:
10. North Korea
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 2.977
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 3.049
8. Democratic Republic of the Congo
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 3.085
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 3.295
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 3.307
5. Central African Republic
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 3.332
4. South Sudan
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 3.383
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 3.427
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 3.444
Global Peace Index (GPI) score: 3.645
Do you agree or strongly disagree with any of the countries mentioned? Let us know and lets get the discussion started.
You may also be interested in:
- Up-and-coming career sites for job-seeking IT professionals Well, finding Mr. right to add to your IT team is not always an easy thing to do --- Its like finding a needle in a haystack. The war for talent is on: it might be difficult task to find […] Posted in Rankings
- The Top 25 Business Schools Based On Academic Excellence And Business Research Ranking According to a CEOWORLD magazine ranking that takes into account the published work of professors in leading business journals, topped by The Wharton school. A distant second is NYU Stern […] Posted in Leadership
- What is Google Refine and how to Install it? Google Refine is a open source tool for working with datasets, including but not limited to Freebase. According to David Huynh, Google Search Infrastructure, it can be used for: "cleaning […] Posted in Rankings
- List of Top 10 most awesome celebrity boob jobs ever Boob job or breast augmentation increases breast size and creates a lovely, full shape. There is no set price for breast enlargement surgery as every single patient is different and […] Posted in Leadership
- Solexant raises $42 million in venture capital- Olympus Capital Partners Solexant Corp., developer of third-generation ultrathin-film PV technology, raised $41.5 million in venture financing. Olympus Capital Partners led the round of financing, which included […] Posted in Leadership
- Make Life Easier for Your System Administrators System admins are employed to support the entire infrastructure of an organization. In a smaller company, they might also be responsible for account and password management for the […] Posted in Perspective
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.