Finance And HR Employees: The Biggest Cybersecurity Threat To Business?
Finance and human resources employees represent the biggest cybersecurity threat to business today, according to Clearswift, a cybersecurity firm. The research polled over 500 data security specialists in Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Australia and 4000 employees.
Interestingly, nearly half (48%) of respondents claimed finance departments and their employees posed the biggest cybersecurity threat to a company, versus 42% for human resources and their employees.
Of that tally, 33 percent of respondents believed middle management posed the biggest security threat (compared to 19 percent for senior management and 16 percent for execs/admins).
– 48 percent of respondents claimed finance departments and their employees posed the threat.
– 42 percent of respondents claimed human resources and their employees posed the threat.
– 37 percent of respondents believed Middle management posed the biggest security threat.
– 19 percent of respondents believed senior management posed the biggest security threat.
– 16 percent of respondents believed other execs/admins posed the biggest security threat.
5 ways to cause an accidental security breach:
2. Adapting documents prepared for other customers or staff and send out, not realising the receiver can view document history.
3. Opening documents containing hidden malware.
4. Introducing malware from your phone or USB drive.
5. Using insecure personal email or file sharing to store or share sensitive information.
You may also be interested in:
- These 30 global banks posing systemic risk to the international banking system, 2016 Two of the biggest US banks, Citigroup and JPMorgann have been designated as potentially posing the greatest systemic risks to the international banking system in an annual ranking issued […] Posted in Rankings
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS): If Disaster Strikes, Will You Be Ready? Downtime. It’s a word no business wants to say, let alone overcome. But disasters do happen – both natural disasters and unexpected system failures – that can cause downtime along with the […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Top 10 most attractive cities for luxury retailers to set up shops, 2016 While luxury retailers are increasingly embracing ecommerce, London has been voted World’s most attractive city for global luxury retailers to set up shops, according to 2016 report by […] Posted in Rankings
- 25 Most Influential People In UK Media, 2015 List Mark Zuckerberg has been named the most powerful person in U.K. media, 2015, the Facebook creator rose to the top of the annual MediaGuardian 100 list of the most powerful players […] Posted in Leadership
- How to craft a dazzling cover letter that will wow employers? Particularly in today's competitive job market where employers are sifting through hundreds of cover letters and resumes. Therefore, your cover letter has to be excellent to make a good […] Posted in Leadership
- CarryQuote Adds Moody’s Ratings News to Enterprise Products CarryQuote Adds Moody’s Ratings News to Enterprise ProductsThe Breadth of CarryQuote’s Real-Time Market Data and News Continues to ExpandZug, Switzerland and New York, NY (PRWEB) […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.