The Harvard University has been ranked as the No. 1 university in the world by the Academic Ranking of World Universities, crunched by the Center for World-Class Universities at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
The rest of the top 10 universities remain virtually unchanged from previous years, Stanford placed second, followed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, UC-Berkeley, the University of Cambridge, Princeton, CalTech, Columbia, the University of Chicago, and the University of Oxford – all retaining their exact ranking from 2014.
For the 2015 ranking, sixteen of the top 20 universities in the world are in the United States, with Harvard leading the prestigious list.
Three of the top 20 best universities in the world are located in the the United Kingdom: Cambridge (No. 5), Oxford (No. 10), and University College London (tied for No. 18).
Only one European university, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich), cracked the top 20, coming in 20th place.
The top 20 universities in the world for 2015, are as follows:
1. Harvard University
2. Stanford University
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
4. University of California, Berkley
5. University of Cambridge
6. Princeton University
7. California Institute of Technology
8. Columbia University
9. University of Chicago
10. University of Oxford
11. Yale University
12. University of California, Los Angeles
13. Cornell University
14. University of California, San Diego
15. University of Washington
16. John Hopkins University
17. University of Pennsylvania
18.University College of London
19. University of California, San Francisco
20. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com