World’s Top 20 Richest Tech Billionaires, 2015
Unsurprisingly, With an estimated net worth of $79.6 billion, Microsoft’s Bill Gates, has been listed as the richest person in technology by Forbes list of the richest global tech billionaires.
He was followed by Larry Ellison, founder of database software firm Oracle, with an estimate net worth of $50 billion, came in second richest man in tech, on the Forbes list of the world’s 100 richest people in technology.
While the 3rd position was taken away this time by the leading e-commerce giant Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos with a net worth of $47.8 billion, more than 90 per cent of which lies in his 18 per cent stake in Amazon.
The 4th position was occupied by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, who has a net worth of $41.2 billion. He is followed by Google founders Larry Page ($33.4 billion) and Sergey Brin ($32.8 billion). Alibaba founder Jack Ma ($23.2 billion) was number seven.
Also on the top 10 are ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer at No. 8 ($22.7 billion); Laurene Powell Jobs, Steve Jobs’ widow, at No. 9 ($21.4 billion); and still holding on at No. 10, PC mogul Michael Dell.
Altogether the world’s 100 richest tech billionaires are worth $842.9 billion), with the top 10 accounting for just over 40% of the amount ($343.5 billion).
For all of Asia’s economic muscle, it clearly can’t match the U.S, American billionaires have dominated the 100 Richest People In technology list. Just over half, or 51 people, are from the U.S. from Asia made a strong showing as well, with 33 people hailing from that region. Only 8 of the 100 are from Europe when it comes to creating technology fortunes.
The youngest member of the list is Snapchat co-founder and Chief Executive Evan Spiegel, who is 25 and worth an estimated $2.1 billion.
World’s Top 20 Richest Tech Billionaires, 2015:
|Name||Company||Est. net worth|
|1||Bill Gates||Microsoft||$79.6 billion|
|2||Larry Ellison||Oracle||$50 billion|
|3||Jeff Bezos||Amazon||$47.8 billion|
|4||Mark Zuckerberg||$41.2 billion|
|5||Larry Page||$33.4 billion|
|6||Sergey Brin||$32.8 billion|
|7||Jack Ma||Alibaba||$23.2 billion|
|8||Steve Ballmer||Microsoft||$22.7 billion|
|9||Laurene Powell Jobs||Apple||$21.4 billion|
|10||Michael Dell||Dell||$19.4 billion|
|11||Ma Huateng||Tencent||$17.9 billion|
|12||Paul Allen||Microsoft||$17.5 billion|
|13||Azim Premji||Wipro||$17.4 billion|
|14||Shiv Nadar||HCL Technologies||$14.4 billion|
|15||Elon Musk||Tesla Motors||$13.9 billion|
|16||Lei Jun||Xiaomi||$13.4 billion|
|17||Masayoshi Son||Softbank||$13.2 billion|
|18||Robin Li||Baidu||$12.5 billion|
|19||Lee Kun-Hee||Samsung||$10 billion|
|20||Eric Schmidt||$9.9 billion|
You may also be interested in:
- Meet The World’s Top 20 Smartest Tech Investors, 2016 It's not shocking, Sequoia Capital's Jim Goetz has been named the world’s smartest tech investor, according to Forbes' Midas list, a ranking of the top 100 venture capitalist investors. […] Posted in Rankings
- How to Leverage External Help to Successfully Grow a Team Quickly Business leaders are always working toward growth, projecting and planning to achieve great things. When that growth becomes a reality, especially in a short timeframe, the need to scale […] Posted in Growth Leaders
- Top Sales Professionals To Follow On Twitter For The Latest Trends, Tips And Ideas Are you looking to connect with some of the top sales thought leader in the business? The research team here at CEOWORLD Magazine has decided to go ahead and released its list of the most […] Posted in Rankings
- Pandora Media radio, music streaming and recommendation service, files for $100m IPO The California-based, music streaming and recommendation service, Pandora Media is seeking to raise about $100 million in an IPO (initial public offering). Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, […] Posted in Leadership
- Four financial metrics that matter when you’re a CEO gunning for growth. CEOs often leave financial data to the experts. They’re dealing with strategic decisions like competitive advantage, growth, efficiency and profitability, and don’t concern themselves with […] Posted in Perspective
- Leave Management is a System Starts from the First Day What is the most nerve-wracking HR issue? From my past 15 years’ experience in human resource consultant business and numerous conversations I had with over thousands of HR professionals […] Posted in Growth Leaders
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.