Top 25 Highest Paid Retail Executives In The United States In 2014
Unsurprisingly, Carol Meyrowitz, CEO of TJX Companies Inc., was the highest-paid executives from publicly traded retail companies in the United States, in a list by Fashion trade title Women’s Wear Daily.
Carol Meyrowitz made $28.7 million in total compensation in 2014. With a close $28.2 million, Brian Cornell, chairman and ceo of Target Corp., took the No. 2 spot on that list of the Top 25 Highest Paid Retail Executives In The United States. And L Brands Inc.’s Les Wexner was 3rd with earnings of $24.1 million. Rounding off the top 5 are Marvin Ellison ($19.6 million), J.C. Penney CEO, and Greg Foran, President and CEO, Walmart U.S ($19.5 million).
Still, there is a big caveat: There are still relatively few female executives (4) in the top jobs at apparel and consumer goods companies, 16 of the top 25 executives earned more than $10 million last year.
Retail’s Top 25 Highest Paid Executives from U.S. publicly traded firms:
1. Carol Meyrowitz, TJX Companies Inc.
Total compensation in 2014: $28,692,391
2. Brian Cornell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Target Corp.
Total compensation in 2014: $28,164,024
3. Leslie Wexner, L Brands Inc
Total compensation in 2014: $24,094,036
4. Marvin Ellison, J.C. Penney CEO
Total compensation in 2014: $19,607,385
5. Greg Foran, President and CEO, Walmart U.S.
Total compensation in 2014: $19,535,123
6. Doug McMillon, president and chief executive officer of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Walmart)
Total compensation in 2014: $19,392,608
7. Terry J. Lundgren, Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Board, President, and Director at Macy’s, Inc.
Total compensation in 2014: $16,497,220
8. Glenn Murphy, former CEO of the Gap Inc.
Total compensation in 2014: $16,064,312
9. Ernie Herrman, President, The TJX Companies, Inc.
Total compensation in 2014: $14,106,996
10. Mike Jeffries, former chief executive officer of Abercrombie & Fitch Co.
Total compensation in 2014: $12,565,188
11. Barbara Rentler, CEO of Ross Stores Inc.
Total compensation in 2014: $12,083,834
12. Roger Markfield, vice chairman and executive creative director of American Eagle Outfitters
Total compensation in 2014: $11,289,091
13. Sharen Jester Turney is president and CEO of Victoria’s Secret, and the largest subsidiary of L Brands Inc (formerly Limited Brand Inc)
Total compensation in 2014: $10,912,866
14. David Cheesewright, President and Chief Executive Officer of Walmart International, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc
Total compensation in 2014: $10,665,054
15. Stephen Sunnucks, also known as Steve, served as the Global President of Gap Brand at Gap Inc.
Total compensation in 2014: $10,573,413
16. Michael B. O’Sullivan, President and Chief Operating Officer of Ross Stores Inc
Total compensation in 2014: $10,067,898
17. Douglas S. Ewert, Chief Executive Officer and President of The Mens Wearhouse, Inc.
Total compensation in 2014: $9,672,031
18. Kevin Mansell, the Chief Executive Officer of Kohl’s Corporation
Total compensation in 2014: $9.668.796
19. Myron E. Ullman (also known Myron E. “Mike” Ullman III), the Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of J.C. Penney
Total compensation in 2014: $9,662,023
20. Rosalind G. Brewer serves as President and CEO of Sam’s Club, a division of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Total compensation in 2014: $9,560,235
21. Christos Angelides, the president for its Abercrombie & Fitch and abercrombie brands
Total compensation in 2014: $9,438,978
22. Neil M. Ashe, president and CEO of Global eCommerce for Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Total compensation in 2014: $9,436,775
23. Frederic Cumenal, president Tiffany & Co
Total compensation in 2014: $8.782.966
24. Kay Krill, President & CEO at ANN INC
Total compensation in 2014: $8,133,027
25. Michael J. Kowalski, former CEO of Tiffany & Co
Total compensation in 2014: $8,101,758
You may also be interested in:
- Here’s a list of the top 10 highest paid DJs in the world, 2015 The Scottish music-maker, Calvin Harris, has been named the highest-paid DJ in the world for the third year running after pocketing an estimated $66 million from his music, performances […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings, Perspective, Growth Leaders, CEO Insider
- Is Big Data As A Service (BDaaS) For The Enterprise: A Real Badass Idea Or What? As the sheer volume of unstructured data generated on a regular basis continues to grow exponentially --- ethics and efficacy of big data is a concern. In 2010, the world’s data volume […] Posted in Leadership
- 15 Things Everyone Needs To Know About America’s Most Generous Donors: Wealthy Philanthropists in 2014 The Chronicle of Philanthropy in Washington released its annual list of the top 50 most generous American donors, whether individuals or couples, of 2014 (biggest philanthropists in the […] Posted in Rankings
- Dorothy’s Goal: Leadership Lessons from the Wizard of Oz Seven years ago when my daughter was graduating high school she told my wife and me that she wanted to go to medical school one day. We had no clue at that time what obstacles she would […] Posted in Rankings
- Here Are Some Quick And Easy Diet Tips For Business Travelers As someone who has traveled for business for over 20 years, I have always found that even the best fitness regimens can be easily upset by business travel. Just like your sleep habits […] Posted in Perspective
- How to set regional sales targets When setting regional goals, you need hard data to back up your position. Otherwise, you might be setting goals that are unsuitable. Market data allows you to quantify the opportunity. […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings, Perspective, Growth Leaders, CEO Insider
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.