List of Countries with biggest outflows of millionaires, from 2000 – 2014
A total of 91,000 Chinese millionaires and 61,000 Indian millionaires – migrated out of their countries and settle down overseas in the last 14 years from 2000 – 2014, according to a recent survey jointly conducted by consultancies New World Wealth and LIO Global.
France, Italy, Russia, Indonesia, South Africa and Egypt round out the top eight. High Net World Individuals (HNWI) refers to individuals with net assets of $1 million or more excluding their primary residences.
- Chinese millionaires mainly moved to the US, Hong Kong, Singapore and the UK.
- Indian millionaires tended to move to the UAE, the UK, the US and Australia.
- French and Italian millionaires tended to move to the UK, Switzerland and Luxemburg.
- Russian millionaires tended to move to the UK, Europe and the USA.
- Indonesian millionaires mainly moved to Singapore.
- South African millionaires tended to move to Australia, the UK, Cyprus, Mauritius, the USA and Canada.
- Egyptian millionaires mainly moved to the UAE, Turkey and the UK.
While China tops the list of highest number of millionaires leaving the homeland with 91,000 millionaires, India ranks second. The U.K. – London, in particular topped the list of being the highest receipient of “high-net-worth individuals” (HNWIs) inflows from around the world, followed by the U.S., Singapore, Australia and Hong Kong.
Countries with biggest outflows of HNWIs – World: Countries ranked by outflows, 2000 – 2014
|Rank||Country||Net outflow of HNWIs|
|Notes: HNWI numbers rounded to nearest 1000.|
You may also be interested in:
- How to Succeed When You’re Risk Averse I started Walk West when I was a guy with a laptop and a dream. Looking back, that dream wasn’t complex, evolved, or even nuanced. The dream was not working for anyone else... and it […] Posted in CEO Insider
- The 10 Friendliest and least friendly cities in the United States Conde Nast Traveler unveiled the latest list of friendliest – and least friendly – cities in the United States. Getting ready for a trip and not sure where to go?The top spot?For […] Posted in Rankings
- List of the 15 companies hiring the most tech talent right now 2015 Aerospace and defense giant Lockheed Martin ranked No. 1 on the list of the top 15 companies hiring the most tech talent right now, with 1,938 jobs that pay $60,000 per year or […] Posted in Leadership
- 10 Highest-Paid Woman In The Music Industry: Top Earning Female Musicians For 2014 Beyonce Knowles, wife of rapper Jay Z , has for the second year in a row topped Forbes' list of the highest-paid woman in the music industry, after banking $115 million over the past 12 […] Posted in Rankings
- Renewable Energy Development in Africa: African Countries will benefit from the new focus on renewables for all the right reasons Energy and climate experts the world over agree: Africa has a unique opportunity to develop and capitalize on renewable energy sources. According to the International Renewable Energy […] Posted in Leadership
- Will you choose Thought Leadership in 2015 What does a real thought leader look like? How would you go about finding one, or becoming one in 2015?Mindy Gibbins-Klein featured Columnist for the CEOWORLD magazine reveals […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.