List of Countries with biggest outflows of millionaires, from 2000 – 2014
A total of 91,000 Chinese millionaires and 61,000 Indian millionaires – migrated out of their countries and settle down overseas in the last 14 years from 2000 – 2014, according to a recent survey jointly conducted by consultancies New World Wealth and LIO Global.
France, Italy, Russia, Indonesia, South Africa and Egypt round out the top eight. High Net World Individuals (HNWI) refers to individuals with net assets of $1 million or more excluding their primary residences.
- Chinese millionaires mainly moved to the US, Hong Kong, Singapore and the UK.
- Indian millionaires tended to move to the UAE, the UK, the US and Australia.
- French and Italian millionaires tended to move to the UK, Switzerland and Luxemburg.
- Russian millionaires tended to move to the UK, Europe and the USA.
- Indonesian millionaires mainly moved to Singapore.
- South African millionaires tended to move to Australia, the UK, Cyprus, Mauritius, the USA and Canada.
- Egyptian millionaires mainly moved to the UAE, Turkey and the UK.
While China tops the list of highest number of millionaires leaving the homeland with 91,000 millionaires, India ranks second. The U.K. – London, in particular topped the list of being the highest receipient of “high-net-worth individuals” (HNWIs) inflows from around the world, followed by the U.S., Singapore, Australia and Hong Kong.
Countries with biggest outflows of HNWIs – World: Countries ranked by outflows, 2000 – 2014
|Rank||Country||Net outflow of HNWIs|
|Notes: HNWI numbers rounded to nearest 1000.
You may also be interested in:
- Keeping Up With The Waltons; Billionaire Club: No Longer Just for the Boys Like most the lists of wealthiest ladies in America, Waltons are on top, Christy, Alice, […] Posted in Rankings
- Alignment Between CEOs, Marketing and Communications Teams Can Put Bucks In The Trust Bank Building customer trust doesn’t happen overnight. It can take years to build and only […] Posted in Success Insider
- 25 Best Business Schools Churning Out The Most VC-Backed Entrepreneurs; Top MBA Programs It wasn't so surprising to find that Harvard has topped the 2016 list of the "25 Best […] Posted in Rankings
- How Wealth Is Divided Globally Among Ultra-Super-Rich, Super-Rich, Rich, And Everyone Else? It's no surprise, how wealth is divided globally among the ultra-super-rich (32 […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- One of the wealthiest men in the world is giving away his entire $32 billion fortune to charity Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, one of the world’s wealthiest people, is donating his […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Will 2017 be a year to remember? Only time, of course, will tell It is customary at the beginning of each year for organisations to take stock of how […] Posted in Education Insider
- How to Optimize Your Use of Online Forms Forms are great marketing tools in your strategy to generate leads. They’re the […] Posted in Success Insider
- THE CUSTOMER TRAP AND CHANNEL DATA MANAGEMENT As we talk to business leaders around the world, it is clear that many of them realize a […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Helpful Tips: How to give constructive feedback to your employees Many are driven to excel in business by ambition, big ideas and a firm eye on success, […] Posted in Education Insider
- RICE, the Fuel to Optimize Fan Influences Companies have been applying various apparatus to grow fan bases and charm their […] Posted in Leadership Insider