4 Tips To Save On Digital Signage Cost
Just like with any other tech deployment project, digital signage will surely cost you money. There is no doubt about that. Depending on the nature of your project, the deployment might end up reducing, replacing or avoiding an array of other expenditures – perhaps, it might even cost way less compared to other activities. Nonetheless, signage still brings with it countless valuable benefits that ROI cannot measure.
Either way, the odds remain that digital signage is never free. Therefore, as part of your planning, it is important to understand the costs involved. This helps you come up with a budget that is not only friendly to your pocket, but also meets all your needs. When it comes to digital signage cost, you will have no “rule of thumb” or principles that you should stick to. However, you can come up with a plan that will help you save some substantial amounts of money.
Tip #1: Always remember that deployments differ
The truth is that you are so out of luck if you are searching for the simple and quick price estimator. Experts in the field might know the ‘average’ cost of media player, mount, and display. However, the costs related to installing a digital signage involve more than the mentioned aspects. Plenty of other variables need consideration. These are:
- Permit costs
- Content costs
- Connectivity costs
- Software costs
Even when you know your projects’ basics, it is important to remember that every digital signage is totally different. This is not just in the size and number of displays, but also in other things such as type and amount of labor you need and mounting requirements.
Tip #2: Categorize costs of digital signage
If you want to save on costs related to digital signage installation, it is highly prudent to know how to categorize the different costs associated with the entire process. To help you do this, you must be aware of the seven vital elements that encapsulate all the work involved in digital signage network. These are:
To help you determine costs, you should consider the following factors:
- The number of displays you intend to have
- The exact location of the displays
- Do you intend to have network and power connectivity?
- Do you intend to have interactive displays?
Tip #3: Always know that displays are the most visible part of a digital signage
If there is one area you should invest your cash on, it is displays. Customers first identify your display. Displays for digital signage normally cost more compared to those for theater/television installations or computer monitors. The good thing is that consumer-class displays do not require the robustness of the commercial-class displays
Tip #4: Budget for other hardware too
In addition to investing much on displays, it is important to also put your money on other hardware parts as well.
Written by Sujain Thomas is a technology writer with a leading online publication – Dopublicity.com. This tech guru understands a thing or two about strategies that can help you reduce your digital signage cost.
You may also be interested in:
- Here are the 2015 Pulitzer Prize winners The winners of the prestigious Pulitzer Prizes were announced on April 20. The Pulitzer Prize is one of the highest awards given for works of journalism and the arts.Bloomberg News won […] Posted in Leadership
- The Best Music schools in the world, 2016 If you are planning to attend a music school, but struggling to choose the right one? CEOWORLD magazine has put together a list of the best music schools in the world to make your […] Posted in Rankings
- Step into the Future with Face To Face Video Conferencing In the 1930’s an artist once painted a prediction of the future. The picture portrayed two women sitting at an outdoor picnic table, each one holding what appeared to be an oval shaped […] Posted in Perspective
- The Top 18 highest paid actresses in the world for 2015 It comes as no surprise that “Hunger Games” star Jennifer Lawrence topped the list of the world’s highest paid actresses. The 25-year-old, Jennifer Lawrence took in an estimated $52 […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings, Perspective, Growth Leaders, CEO Insider
- 5 Resources You Can Outsource As a business owner or manager, there will come a time when you have to decide: Hire someone or outsource? Outsourcing no longer has the same stigma attached to it as it used to. In fact, […] Posted in Leadership
- The Top 10 Wealthiest Countries Ranked In 2016 List Unsurprisingly, US is the wealthiest in the world in terms of total individual wealth held ($48,900 billion) while China stood 2nd and Japan 3rd, with total individual wealth of $17,400 […] Posted in Rankings