British Musical Millionaires: Top 20 Richest Musicians In The U.K. And Ireland For 2015
Unsurprisingly, Sir Paul McCartney has topped the 2015 list of the richest musicians in the U.K. and Ireland – the top 40 musical millionaires, the chart, put together for The Sunday Times Magazine.
The former Beatle is given an estimated holdings of £730 million (or $1.095 billion), £20 million more than last year (2014), making him the only billionaire on the list (in U.S. currency).
Of course, McCartney also enjoys a significant boost from his American heiress wife Nancy Shevell’s £150 million stake.
In second is the legendary theatre songwriter Andrew Lloyd-Webber with a fortune estimated at £650 million ($975 million) followed by Irish rockers U2, who’s combined wealth comes to £431 million ($646 million).
Whereas, pop veteran Elton John was placed at fourth spot with £270 million ($405 million) earnings and Mick Jagger £225 million ($337 million) grabbed the 5th spot.
List of the top 20 richest Musicians In The U.K. and Ireland for 2015:
01. Sir Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell £730 million ($1.095 billion)
02. Lord Lloyd-Webber £650 million ($975 million)
03. U2 £431 million ($646 million)
04. Sir Elton John £270 million ($405 million)
05. Sir Mick Jagger £225 million ($337 million)
06. Keith Richards £210 million ($315 million)