As it turns out, rear seat kicker top the list of the most-annoying airline passengers, followed by the “inattentive parents,” according to the 2nd annual Airplane Etiquette survey.
So What are the most annoying in-flight behaviors that drive most fliers nuts?
Topping the list – Rear Seat Kicker!
67% of those surveyed found them to be the absolute worst when it comes to consideration for their fellow passengers.
The Aromatic passenger ranks No. 3 on the list of worst etiquette offenders.
Interestingly, rear seat-kickers pushed last year’s top most-annoying airline passengers, the inattentive parents, into 2nd place, followed by the aromatic passenger, the audio-insensitive passenger, the boozer and the chatty Cathy.
Bellevue-based Expedia’s 2014 Airplane Etiquette Study, conducted by global research market GfK, asked 1,000 adult Americans to rank the most annoying on-board behaviors of fellow passengers.
“Expedia’s Airplane Etiquette Study is a lighthearted reminder that few places require more attention to etiquette than the inside of an airplane,” said John Morrey, Expedia’s vice president and general manager, in a statement.
“You’re in a tight space at 30,000 feet with hundreds of fellow travelers, so even the small things — helping your neighbor stow a bag or switching seats to put a mom next to her child — can make a huge difference.”
The full list of the most annoying flier types (and percentage of those who selected each choice)
1. Rear Seat Kicker (cited by 67% of study respondents)
2. Inattentive Parents (64%)
3. The Aromatic Passenger (56%)
4. The Audio Insensitive (talking or music; 51%)
5. The Boozer (50%)
6. Chatty Cathy (43%)
7. Carry-On Baggage Offenders (39%)
8. The Armrest Hog (38%)
9. Seat-Back Guy (the seat recliner) (37%)
10. The Queue Jumper (rushes to deplane) (35%)
11. Overhead Bin Inconsiderate (stows bag in first available spot, rather than nearest to his/her seat; 32%)
12. Pungent Foodies (32%)
13. Back Seat Grabber (31%)
14. Playboy (reads or watches adult content; 30%)
15. The Amorous (inappropriate affection levels; 29%)
16. Mad Bladder (window seat passenger who makes repeat bathroom visits; 28%)
17. Undresser (removes shoes, socks or more; 26%)
18. The Seat Switcher (13%)
What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These Are The 20 Highest-Paid Political Leaders In The World In 2018 - 04/24/2018
- Top 20 best summer vacation destinations in the United States, 2018 - 04/23/2018
- These Are The 20 Most Overrated Books of All Time, And Yes, List Include Bible, Ernest Hemingway, Paulo Coelho, And Mark Twain - 04/23/2018