Queen Elizabeth’s Buckingham Palace tops list of most expensive residences in the world and the 27-story Antilia tower built by Indian oil and gas billionaire Mukesh Ambani in Mumbai comes second, a new study has revealed.
As it turns out, four of the top ten most expensive homes in the world are in London, featuring; in fifth place is Indian steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal’s mansion on Kensington Palace Gardens, with the nearby mansion of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich in 9th and the 17 Upper Phillimore Gardens, Kensington, owned by Ukrainian businesswoman Elena Franchuk in 10th on the list compiled by CompareCamp — all within a mile of Hyde Park.
Take a look at the list of the top 10 most expensive homes in the world and who owns them:
1. Buckingham Palace, London, U.K. – $1.55 Billion
Owner: the official London residence of the British monarch.
The 300-year-old townhouse with 755 rooms, the current residence of Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, the wee Prince George, oh, and the various staff and members of the British monarch.
2. Antilia, Mumbai, India – $1 Billion
Owner: Mukesh Ambani
3. Villa leapolda, Cote D’Azure, France – $750 Million
Owner: Lily Safra
A former waterside home for Belgian King Leopold II’s mistress, and current home to Brazilian philanthropist Lily Safra.
4. Four Fairfield Pond, Sagaponack, New York – $248 Million
Owner: American investor Ira Rennert
5. 18-19 Kensington Palace Gardens, London, U.K. – $222 Million
Owner: Lakshmi Mittal
6. Ellison Estate, Woodside, CA – $200 Million
Owner: Larry Ellison
7. Hearst Castle, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles – $191 Million
Owner: William Randolph Hearst’s Trustees
8. Seven The Pinnacle, Montana – $155 Million
Owner: Edra and Tim Blixseth
9. Kensington Palace Gardens, London, U.K. – $140 Million (neighbor to Mittal’s home)
Owner: Roman Abramovich
10. 17 Upper Phillimore Gardens, Kensington, South-west London, U.K. – $128 Million
Owner: Elena Franchuk, an AIDS philanthropist and the daughter of a former Ukranian president.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018
- Report: The Least (And The Most) Diverse States In The U.S. For 2018 - September 19, 2018