The beautiful and exotic Greek islands were listed among the “Top 30 Islands in the World” category of Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards 2014, including Palawan in Philippines, Bora Bora, Whitsunday Islands, and the Maldives.
Another day; another tourism bible showering praise on Greece. Condé Nast nods for Santorini, Cyclade, Skiathos, and Sporades an extraordinary week for Greek tourism.
Making them one of the world’s top Island destinations — thrilled to have a magical journey where body and soul reunite. The ultimate experience!
The top spot in the world went to the island of Palawan in the Philippines. Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards are published annually, and this year featured over one million votes from almost 77,000 readers.
Santorini & Cyclades, which ranks 7th in the world, is described as “no island group is so shrouded in myth as this chain in the Aegean Sea”. Travel Magazine recommended to watch the sun set from Oia, a small village on the southwestern coast made up of whitewashed structures and cave houses built into the cliff side.
After being perennially ignored and underestimated in the big shadow of Mykonos and Rhodes, Skiathos & Sporades, which ranks 21st in the world, finally getting the recognition they deserve.
Introducing this year’s hottest Greek islands, as determined by Conde Nast Traveler readers.
7. Santorini & Cyclades, Greece
Readers’ Rating: 84.080
21. Skiathos & Sporades, Greece
Readers’ Rating: 82.056
Here are the top 10 ISLANDS IN THE WORLD
1. Palawan Island, Philippines
2. Kiawah Island, South Carolina
3. Maui, Hawaii
4. Kauai, Hawaii
5. Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique
6. Great Barrier Reef and Whitsunday Islands, Australia
7. Santorini and Cyclades, Greece
8. St. John, US Virgin Islands
9. Kangaroo Island, Australia
10. Big Island, Hawaii
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These Are The 20 Highest-Paid Political Leaders In The World In 2018 - 04/24/2018
- Top 20 best summer vacation destinations in the United States, 2018 - 04/23/2018
- These Are The 20 Most Overrated Books of All Time, And Yes, List Include Bible, Ernest Hemingway, Paulo Coelho, And Mark Twain - 04/23/2018