Some Of The Most Powerful Lobbyists And Advocacy Groups In The US: Top Lobbying Organizations List 2014
Among so many D.C.-based lobbyists and advocacy groups, only a select few have proven to clients that they can shape the agenda on Capitol Hill. One way or another, no matter who wins US election, these lobbying groups and corporations will continue to influence federal policy.
However, lobbying is a word that carries quite a negative connotations, and associated with corruption, overspending, and the increasing intertwining of corporation and the government. The Hill has released it’s annual “Top Lobbyists” list.
The Hill uses the term “lobbyist” broadly here to encompass the people who are working day in and day out to influence government. While everyone on the list exerts influence in Washington, not all of them are registered lobbyists.
Here are some of the most powerful lobbyists and advocacy groups in the US — top lobbying organizations list 2014:
# Paul Bailey – Senior Vice President for Federal Affairs and Policy of American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE), overseeing government relations at the federal level as well as policy analysis.
# Mitch Bainwol, a policial lobbyist, President and CEO of the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, the trade association representing automakers in the United States.
# Kenneth E. Bentsen, Jr. President and CEO of SIFMA (Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association) a United States industry trade group representing securities firms, banks, and asset management companies. He is a former congressman from Texas and nephew of former Texas Senator and Secretary of the Treasury Lloyd Bentsen
# Richard H. Baker, President and Chief Executive Officer of Managed Funds Association. He was previously a member of the U.S. House Of Representatives, serving Louisiana’s Sixth Congressional District since 1986.
# B. Dan Berger President and CEO of NAFCU and Brad Thaler Vice President of Legislative Affairs of National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU), a U.S. trade organization representing the nation’s federal credit unions.
#Meredith Attwell Baker & Jot Carpenter of CTIA– The Wireless Association, an industry trade group that represents the international wireless telecommunications industry.
# Mark Baker, President & CEO Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), Maryland-based American non-profit political organization that advocates for general aviation.
# Marion Blakey, president and chief executive officer of the Aerospace Industries Association (AIA), an American trade association representing manufacturers and suppliers of civil, military, and business aircraft, helicopters, UAVs, space systems, aircraft engines, missiles, material, and related components, equipment, services, and information technology in the United States.
# John Bozzella, Association of Global Automakers.
# Tom Buis, Growth Energy.
# Kevin Burke, Airports Council International – North America.
# Steve Caldeira, International Franchise Association.
# Nicholas Calio, Airlines for America.
# Kateri Callahan, Alliance to Save Energy.
# John Castellani, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America.
# Dan Danner, National Federation of Independent Business
# Richard Deem, American Medical Association.
# Scott DeFife, National Restaurant Association.
# Bob Dinneen, Renewable Fuels Association.
# Chris Dodd, Motion Picture Association of America.
# Tom Donohue and R. Bruce Josten, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
# Cal Dooley, American Chemistry Council.
# Charles Drevna, American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers.
# Marty Durbin, America’s Natural Gas Alliance.
# Martin Edwards, Interstate Natural Gas Association of America.
# John Engler, Business Roundtable.
# Camden Fine, Independent Community Bankers of America.
# Alex Flint, Nuclear Energy Institute.
# Geoff Freeman, American Gaming Association.
# David French, National Retail Federation.
# Lee Fuller, Independent Petroleum Association of America.
# Dean Garfield, Information Technology Industry Council.
# Jack Gerard, American Petroleum Institute.
# Jerry Giovaniello, National Association of Realtors.
# Rob Gramlich, American Wind Energy Association.
# Jim Greenwood, Biotechnology Industry Organization.
# Ed Hamberger, Association of American Railroads.
# Jerry Howard, National Association of Home Builders.
# Richard Hunt, Consumer Bankers Association.
# Karen Ignagni, America’s Health Insurance Plans.
# Chip Kahn, Federation of American Hospitals.
# Frank Keating, American Bankers Association.
# Dirk Kempthorne and Kimberly Olson Dorgan, American Council of Life Insurers.
# Tom Kuhn and Brian Wolff, Edison Electric Institute.
# Katherine Lugar, American Hotel & Lodging Association.
# Linda Lipsen, American Association for Justice.
# Walter McCormick, USTelecom.
# Dave McCurdy, American Gas Association.
# Nancy McLernon, Organization for International Investment.
# Mark Merritt, Pharmaceutical Care Management Association.
# Jim Nussle, Credit Union National Association.
# Rob Nichols, Financial Services Forum.
# Shawn Osborne, TechAmerica.
# Mark Parkinson, American Health Care Association.
# Tim Pawlenty and Francis Creighton, Financial Services Roundtable.
# Michael Powell, National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
# Leigh Ann Pusey, American Insurance Association.
# John Rother, National Coalition on Health Care.
# Bob Rusbuldt, Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America.
# Norb Ryan Jr., Military Officers Association of America.
# Stephen Sandherr, The Associated General Contractors of America.
# Gary Shapiro, Consumer Electronics Association.
# Gordon Smith, National Association of Broadcasters.
# Scott Talbott of the Electronic Transactions Association (ETA)
# Mary Kay Thatcher, Senior Director, Congressional Relations, International & Agriculture Policy of American Farm Bureau Federation — a lobbyist for the American Farm Bureau Federation.
# Jay Timmons, president and CEO of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM), the largest manufacturing association in the United States representing small and large manufacturers in every industrial sector
# Stephen Ubl, President & Chief Executive Officer of Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed)
# Richard (Rich) Umbdenstock, the President and Chief Executive Officer and Richard J. (Rick) Pollack Executive Vice President, Advocacy and Public Policy of American Hospital Association.
# Dirk Van Dongen, President of NAW (National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors) He also serves as President of the NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence, President of the NAW Service Corporation, and Treasurer of the Wholesaler-Distributor Political Action Committee.
# Nathaniel Wienecke, Senior Vice President, Federal Government Relations of Property Casualty Insurers Association of America.
You may also be interested in:
- Want more impact with your clients? Say less Ever wondered how many words the average person speaks a day? Turns out it’s around […] Posted in Success Insider
- SOME EMERGING ECONOMIES TO WATCH THIS YEAR – THE “V.I.P.s” Why Vietnam, India, and the Philippines Should Be On The Radar 2016 had been an […] Posted in CEO Insider, India Insider
- CEOWorld Magazine and WardrobeTrendsFashion Strategic Partnership Announcement World’s leading business and technology magazine, CEOWorld Magazine, and Asia’s high […] Posted in CEO Insider, Luxury Insider
- Casey Anthony is an emotional mess but whare? Casey Anthony civil attorney Charles Greene says she is an emotional mess following her […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Your Current RFP Is Outdated: Find the Right Agency With Agile Methods Mobile software development has become notably more complex. The average app costs more […] Posted in CEO Insider
- CEOWORLD Magazine and Ivy Exec Announce Strategic Partnership Ivy Exec, a curated community of the world’s most successful professionals, is proud to […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Is retained executive search still relevant? In the “olden days” of the late 20th century executive search consultants made it their […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Storytelling and Narrative branding versus Merchandizing Marketing What would be the Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon and Oprah without storytelling? How could […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- List of Nominees And Winners At The 2014 American Music Awards (AMAs) Did you catch the 2014 American Music Awards (AMAs) last night? Hosted by Pitbull, […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- This Decade’s Marketing is… Socially Responsible? Marketers haven’t always had the best reputation. When many of us think of them, our […] Posted in Leadership Insider