Pakistan’s Islamabad Benazir Bhutto International Airport replaces Manila Ninoy Aquino international airport, Philippines (MNL) at top of list of world’s worst airports 2014, according to a survey by the online Guide to Sleeping in Airports.
Travel website has unveiled its annual list of the world’s worst airports for 2014.
The 2014 Guide to Sleeping at Airports named Islamabad Benazir Bhutto International Airport as world’s worst after travellers were asked to rate their airport experiences based on cleanliness, comfort, customer service, and facilities — described as “likened to a central prison, absence of crowd control, ‘pervasive corruption’, inconsistent security checks and the overall lack of cleanliness and technology”.
Saudi Arabia’s Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport came 2nd on the list, with travellers blaming rude immigration officers, lack of services, uncomfortable metal chairs, and lengthy queues, and Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan international airport was third.
And there are some surprising entries in the top 10 list, from “Paris Beauvais-Tille international airport” to “New York City LaGuardia international airport,” which the US Vice President Joe Biden, compared in February to a “third-world country”, he said, “if I took you and blindfolded you and took you to LaGuardia Airport in New York you must think, ‘I must be in some third world country.’”
“If I blindfolded someone and took him at 2 o’clock in the morning into the airport in Hong Kong and said, ‘Where do you think you are?’ He’d say, ‘This must be America. It’s a modern airport,'”Joe Biden said.
When his statement drew laughter from the crowd, Biden quickly noted, “I’m not joking.”
Well, Biden made the amusing, and some would say, true, comments about the aging New York City’s second-largest airport.
Top 10 worst airports
1. Islamabad Benazir Bhutto international airport, Pakistan (ISB)
2. Jeddah King Abdulzaziz international airport, Saudi Arabia (JED)
3. Kathmandu Tribhuvan international airport, Nepal (KTM)
4. Manila Ninoy Aquino international airport, Philippines (MNL)
5. Tashkent international airport, Uzbekistan (TAS)
6. Paris Beauvais-Tille international airport, France (BVA)
7. Frankfurt Hahn international airport, Germany (HHN)
8. Bergamo Orio al Serio international airport, Italy (BGY)
9. Berlin Tegel international airport, Germany (TXL)
10. New York City LaGuardia international airport, USA (LGA)
Latest posts by Megan Batchelor
- What Successful E –Commerce Markets are doing to Stay Relevant - 01/16/2018
- Top Non-U.S. Business Schools For Executive MBA In 2018 - 01/12/2018
- 3 Tips for Handling a Customer Service Position - 01/06/2018