The Prince Of Pop Michael Jackson tops highest-earning dead celebrities in the world list of 2014 by Forbes magazine, with an estimated $140 million in earnings over the last 12 months.
The King Of Rock And Roll died in 2009 from a drug overdose. He was 50 years old.
Coming in 2nd is Elvis Presleyy, who died in 1977, with more than $55 million, Cartoonist Charles Schulz ranks 3rd with $40 million, Elizabeth Taylor ranks 4th with $25 million in earnings.
And rounding out the top five is reggae singer Bob Marley with an estimated $20 million.
Here are the top 13 dead celebrities who earned serious cash in a combined $363.5 million in earnings.
13. James Dean: $ 7 million
9. Bettie Page: $9 million (Four-way tie)
9. Steve McQueen: $9 million (Four-way tie)
9. Bruce Lee: $9 million (Four-way tie)
9. Theodor Geisel: $9 million (Four-way tie).
8. Albert Einstein: $11 million
7. John Lennon: $12 million
6. Marilyn Monroe: $17 million
5. Bob Marley: $20 million
4. Elizabeth Taylor: $25 million
3. Charles Schulz: $40 million
2. Elvis Presley: $55 million
1.Michael Jackson: $140 million
Magazine compiled the list by talking to estate managers, lawyers and licensors and analyzing estimated posthumous earnings between October 2013-14.
As it turns out, being dead is pretty lucrative.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj (see all)
- World’s Top 10 Gaming Influencers For 2017, According To Forbes: Markiplier, PewDiePie, and VanossGaming Tops - 06/26/2017
- The Great Fall Of Tim Cook: America’s Top 100 Highest-Rated CEOs For 2017 - 06/23/2017
- World’s 50 Most Expensive Cities, 2017: Luanda, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Zurich, Singapore Tops - 06/23/2017