Only 2 women made it onto the list of 100 best-performing CEOs of 2014: Debra Cafaro and Carol Meyrowitz
Ventas Chairman and CEO Debra Cafaro and Carol Meyrowitz, CEO of TJX took the #27 and #51 spots, respectively, on Harvard Business Review’s “100 most effective CEOs in the world” list.
It would be obvious for anyone to see that the list is dominated by male CEOs, only two of the top 100 chief executives are women. The depressing reality!
Debra Cafaro took 27th place on the “list of the 100 best-performing chief executives of 2014” as the Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Ventas, Inc., while Carol Meyrowitz — the president, Chief Executive Officer, and director of TJX Companies — ranked 51st.
So here’s a list of 2 women CEOs:
27) Debra Cafaro, CEO of Ventas Inc.
Ventas has seen its value increase by $20 billion with Debra at the helm and has delivered a whopping 1,761% on industry-adjusted shareholder returns.
51) Carol Meyrowitz, CEO, and director of TJX Companies.
TJX has seen its value increase by $35 billion with Carol at the helm and has delivered a whopping 281% on industry-adjusted shareholder returns.
Well, no surprise there, Amazon boss Jeff Bezos stands at the top, Gilead Science Inc.’s John Martin at No. 2, and Cisco’s John Chambers is No. 3 in top CEO list. Here are the top 20 most effective CEOs, according to HBR:
1. Jeff Bezos of Amazon
2. John Martin of Gilead Sciences
3. John Chambers of Cisco Systems
4. David Pyott of Allergan
5. David Simon of Simon Property Group
6. Lars Rebien Sørensen of Novo Nordisk
7. Hugh Grant of Monsanto
8. J. Michael Pearson of Valeant Pharmaceuticals
9. Mark Donegan of Precision Castparts
10. William Doyle of PotashCorp
11. Tadashi Yanai of Fast Retailing
12. David Novak of Yum Brands
13. Michael Wolf of Swedbank
14. Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera of Inditex
15. Marc Benioff of Salesforce.com
16. Oscar Gonzalez Rocha of Southern Copper
17. Stephen Wynn of Wynn Resorts
18. James Taiclet Jr of American Tower
19. Elmar Degenhart of Continental
20. George Paz of Express Scripts
The magazine also notes that it focuses on concrete metrics like shareholder returns instead of less-tangible measurements like environmental impact, employee satisfaction and customer engagement.
To come up with the list, Harvard Business Review number crunchers sorted through 832 current CEOs from the S&P Global 1200.
You may also be interested in:
- The top 20 wealthiest people and families in Britain and Ireland, 2016 David and Simon Reuben, Indian-born brothers, were named as the wealthiest people in […] Posted in Rankings
- Data Security Firm, Barracuda Networks Files For $100 Million IPO Barracuda Networks, the Network security company - provider of security and storage […] Posted in Rankings
- Exclusive career community, job site, Doostang Gets $1.25 Million An exclusive career community Doostang has raised $1.25 million in a funding round from […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Candy Crush valuation: a warning of a coming tech crash? IMD Professor Reacts: Mike Wade on Activision’s purchase of Candy Crush for $5.9 […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Mercuria Energy Group Ltd buys MGM International from Morgan Stanley Mercuria Energy Group Ltd, one of the world's largest independent energy traders, […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Life at the top of the ladder, when you’re afraid of heights There is a misconception amongst those eager to ascend the corporate ladder. It is that […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- List of Top 10 most awesome celebrity boob jobs ever Boob job or breast augmentation increases breast size and creates a lovely, full shape. […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- 6 Ways to Reduce the Cost of a PC Refresh End users can be very vocal about their desire for a new laptop or desktop computer. […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- The smartest boss in the world! The Smartest Boss Phenomenon may be encountered in too many companies and while it is […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Brazil’s Embraer building business jet assembly facility at Melbourne, Florida for Phenom 100 Brazilian aircraft manufacturer, Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica, S. A. (Embraer) is […] Posted in Leadership Insider