There are actually many incredible female celebrities who shine their attention on doing good.
So without further ado, introducing: 5 brilliant celebs who dedicate their efforts, famous faces, and time to advocate for women’s causes.
It’s all about girl power, baby!
The iconic Hollywood magazine is paying tribute to the 5 amazing female celebrities who are using their star status to advocate for women’s causes around the world, in Variety’s Power of Women issue.
1. Reese Witherspoon, uses her platform as a Hollywood powerhouse to shed light on education for young women and girls, through the Malala Fund, after her 15-year-old daughter brought the story of Malala Yousafzai, A Pakastani girl who was shot by the Taliban for fighting for the right to an education, to her attention.
2. Jennifer Lopez is a conscious campaigner of the well-being of women using the Lopez Family Foundation to improve health management. JLo founded the organization in 2009 after experiencing a health scare with her daughter Emme the year earlier.
3. Donna Langley, chairman of Universal Pictures, works with the nonprofit Vital Voices to provide women with life coaching and resources to gain leadership opportunities internationally.
4. Viola Davis, the Tony Award winning star, supports childhood hunger organization “Hunger Is” initiative to end childhood hunger. It’s mission is to eradicate childhood hunger in America and improve health-related outcomes for hungry children and their families.
5. Jane Fonda is working to teach young girls of the risk of teen pregnancy with her foundation, Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential.
“The women of the entertainment industry are among the most passionate champions of philanthropy and affecting change for various causes,” said Michelle Sobrino-Stearns, publisher, Variety. “We’re thrilled to once again honor, through our seventh Power of Women initiative, an outstanding lineup of women who do just that.”
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These Are The 10 Best Places To Live In Germany: ZDF Study 2018 - May 21, 2018
- These Are America’s Top 17 Cities With The Best Quality of Life for 2018 - May 21, 2018
- The World’s Top University For Producing Billionaires, 2018 Rankings: Harvard, Stanford, UPenn, Columbia, and MIT Tops Again - May 21, 2018