There are actually many incredible female celebrities who shine their attention on doing good.
So without further ado, introducing: 5 brilliant celebs who dedicate their efforts, famous faces, and time to advocate for women’s causes.
It’s all about girl power, baby!
The iconic Hollywood magazine is paying tribute to the 5 amazing female celebrities who are using their star status to advocate for women’s causes around the world, in Variety’s Power of Women issue.
1. Reese Witherspoon, uses her platform as a Hollywood powerhouse to shed light on education for young women and girls, through the Malala Fund, after her 15-year-old daughter brought the story of Malala Yousafzai, A Pakastani girl who was shot by the Taliban for fighting for the right to an education, to her attention.
2. Jennifer Lopez is a conscious campaigner of the well-being of women using the Lopez Family Foundation to improve health management. JLo founded the organization in 2009 after experiencing a health scare with her daughter Emme the year earlier.
3. Donna Langley, chairman of Universal Pictures, works with the nonprofit Vital Voices to provide women with life coaching and resources to gain leadership opportunities internationally.
4. Viola Davis, the Tony Award winning star, supports childhood hunger organization “Hunger Is” initiative to end childhood hunger. It’s mission is to eradicate childhood hunger in America and improve health-related outcomes for hungry children and their families.
5. Jane Fonda is working to teach young girls of the risk of teen pregnancy with her foundation, Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential.
“The women of the entertainment industry are among the most passionate champions of philanthropy and affecting change for various causes,” said Michelle Sobrino-Stearns, publisher, Variety. “We’re thrilled to once again honor, through our seventh Power of Women initiative, an outstanding lineup of women who do just that.”
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018
- Report: The Least (And The Most) Diverse States In The U.S. For 2018 - September 19, 2018