The vast majority of people lost their jobs in layoffs and cutbacks during the economic crisis, but the world’s billionaire club keeps getting bigger, has welcomed 155 new members.
The ultra-rich billionaire population grew by 7 percent, reaching an all-time high of 2,325 billionaires, most are self-made (83 percent) who own their own privately-held businesses (63 percent).
- Related: What Does The Average Super-Rich Billionaire Look Like In 2014: Fun Facts?
- Where The World’s Insanely Rich Will Be In 2015: Social Calendar For Big-Money Billionaires?
- 5 Billionaire Car Dealers; Would You Buy A Car From Warren Buffett?
Many of the world’s largest economies may be weathering the toughest recessionary storms in living memory, there are now 2,325 men and women with at least $1 billion in assets, up 7 percent over last year, the latest survey of ultra high net worth individuals by Wealth-X and UBS finds that between July 2013 and June 2014.
There is one billionaire for every three million people on the planet.
- Related: Time for a New Look at Leadership
- Related: 100 Shocking Facts About 2,325 Super Rich And Successful Billionaires In The World
TOP 40 BILLIONAIRE COUNTRIES/ TERRITORIES
1) With 571 billionaires, The United States ranks No. 1 in terms of number of billionaires, home to the largest number of billionaires, about one in four, collectively having $2,266 billion in net worth.
2) With 190 billionaires, the world’s second-largest economy, China ranks No. 2 in terms of number of billionaires, collectively having $440 billion in net worth.
3) With 130 billionaires, UK ranks No. 3 in terms of number of billionaires, the world’s third-largest home for billionaires, collectively having $395 billion in net worth.
4) With 123 billionaires, Germany ranks No. 4 in terms of number of billionaires, collectively having $413 billion in net worth.
5) With 114 billionaires, Russia ranks No. 5 in terms of number of billionaires, collectively having $365 billion in net worth.
6) India has retained its 6th position in terms of number of billionaires with 100 such people collectively having $175 billion in net worth.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Reveled: Here Are The 5 Worst Industries To Work For In 2018 - July 20, 2018
- These Are The 20 Worst U.S. Cities To Drive In For 2018, Detroit, San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles In Top 10 - July 19, 2018
- Revealed: The World’s 50 Best Airlines For 2018: Singapore And Qatar Tops - July 18, 2018