Well, this year 27 new billionaires have joined the Forbes 400 billionaires ranks of the richest americans list 2014, compared to 20 last year.
Among the 27 wealthiest newcomer, Jan Koum ($7.6 billion), co-founder and CEO of WhatsApp, the 55-person mobile messaging platform based in Mountain View that Facebook bought for $19 billion in February; is the richest.
Only 3 of the 27 new billionaires are women: Elizabeth Holmes, Karen Johnson Boyd and Josephine Louis.
Here’s a list of all 27 fresh additions to The Forbes 400:
1. Jan Koum (Net worth: $7.6 billion): co-founder and CEO of WhatsApp and sold it to Facebook for $19 billion.
2. Carl Cook (Net worth: $6 billion): Inherited medical-device fortune from his parents.
3. Elizabeth Holmes (Net worth: $4.5 billion): Founder of Theranos, youngest woman on Forbes 400, and youngest woman self-made billionair
4. Mark Shoen (Net worth: $4 billion): Turned around U-Haul amid ugly family drama.
5. Brian Acton (Net worth: $3.4 billion): Cofounded WhatsApp with Jan Koum.
6. Evan Williams (Net worth: $3.2 billion): Started Blogger and cofounded Twitter.
7. George Bishop (Net worth: $3 billion): Runs energy company GeoSouthern.
8. Travis Kalanick (Net worth: $3 billion): Cofounder of ride-sharing firm Uber.
9. and 10. Gary Rollins, Randall Rollins (Net worth: $3 billion): Feuding brothers behind Orkin pest control fortune.
11. Harry Stine (Net worth: $2.6 billion): a farmer and seed genetics entrepreneur, landed lucrative deals licensing the genetics to heavyweights like Monsanto and DuPont
12. Russell Weiner (Net worth: $2.5 billion): Rockstar Energy
13. Joseph Grendys ($2.4 billion): Rules the roost at chicken processor Koch Foods.
14. John Kapoor ($2.4 billion): Develops pharmaceuticals.
15. Karen Boyd ($2.2 billion): Heir to the S.C. Johnson fortune.
16. and 17. Herbert Louis and Josephine Louis ($2.2 billion): Heirs to the S.C. Johnson fortune.
18. Douglas Leone ($2 billion): His venture capital firm Sequoia Capital Invested early in companies like Apple, Google and Cisco.
19. Forrest Preston ($2 billion): Chairs Life Centers of America.
20. Mark Walter ($1.75 billion): Owns the LA Dodgers and runs money manager Guggenheim Partners.
21. William Ackman ($1.75 billion): Manages hedge fund firm Pershing Square Capital Management.
22. David Walentas (Net worth: $1.7 billion), a real estate developer who made his fortune by rebuilding the Dumbo area in Brooklyn, New York.
23. Larry Robbins ($1.7 billion): Captains hedge fund company Glenview Capital Management.
24. Vincent Viola ($1.7 billion): Heads high-frequency trading shop Virtu Financial.
25. Jon Yarbrough ($1.7 billion): Built and recently sold his manufacturer of casino games.
26. Jonathan Gray ($1.6 billion): Oversees Blackstone Group’s big push into real estate.
27. Alan Auerbach ($1.55 billion): Founded now publicly-traded biotech firm Puma Biotechnology.
Forbes’ 10 richest people in America 2014
1. Bill Gates, worth $81 billion. Source: Microsoft, self-made
2. Warren Buffet, worth $67 billion. Source: Berkshire Hathaway, self-made
3. Larry Ellison, worth $50 billion. Source: Oracle, self-made
4. Charles Koch, worth $42 billion. Source: diversified, inherited and growing
5. David Koch, worth $42 billion. Source: diversified, inherited and growing
6. Christy Walton, worth $38 billion. Source: Wal-Mart, inherited
7. Jim Walton, worth $36 billion. Source: Wal-Mart, inherited
8. Michael Bloomberg, worth $35 billion. Source: Bloomberg LP, self-made
9. Alice Walton, worth $34.9 billion. Source: Wal-Mart
10. S. Robson Walton, worth $34.8 billion. Source: Wal-Mart, inherited
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018
- Report: The Least (And The Most) Diverse States In The U.S. For 2018 - September 19, 2018