Without question, pharma and healthcare sector is the cradle of the next generation of Indian billionaires, generates more than one in five of the 100 richest billionaires in India.
The rise of pharma and healthcare billionaires is exemplified by India’s second-richest man, Dilip Shanghvi, founder of Sun Pharmaceutical, whose personal wealth soared to $18 billion, overtaking steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal.
Dilip Shanghvi, who got richer this year by $4.1 billion, reflecting the rapidly growing Indian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, according to the latest Forbes rich list.
Here are some of the pharma and healthcare billionaires in India
1. Dilip Shanghvi, founder of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries.
Net Worth: $18 billion; Rank: 1
2. Desh Bandhu Gupta
Net Worth: $4.8 billion; Rank: 19
3. Pankaj Patel
Net Worth: $3.2 billion; Rank: 26
4. Yusuf Hamied
Net Worth: $3 billion; Rank: 28
5. Malvinder & Shivinder Singh
Net Worth: $2.3 billion; Rank: 37
6. Reddy Family
Net Worth: $2.2 billion; Rank: 41
7. Ajay Piramal
Net Worth: $2.1 billion; Rank: 44
8. Murali Divi
Net Worth: $2 billion; Rank: 45
9. Samprada Singh
Net Worth: $1.9 billion; Rank: 52
10. P.V. Ramprasad Reddy
Net Worth: $1.8 billion; Rank: 54
11. Glenn Saldanha
Net Worth: $1.7 billion; Rank: 59
12. Ramesh Juneja
Net Worth: $1.5 billion; Rank: 68
13. Dilip & Anand Surana
Net Worth: $1.3 billion; Rank: 73
14. Habil Khorakiwala
Net Worth: $1.3 billion; Rank: 76
15. Hasmukh Chudgar, founder of Antas Pharmaceuticals, recently valued by Temasek at close to $1.4 billion.
Net Worth: $1.2 billion; Rank: 80
16. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
Net Worth: $1.2 billion; Rank: 81
17. B.R. Shetty
Net Worth: $1.1 billion; Rank: 86
18. Rajendra Agarwal
Net Worth: $1.1 billion; Rank: 90
18. Azad Moopen, chairs Dubai-based Aster DM Healthcare, a leading health care provider in the Middle East and India.
Net Worth: $1.1 billion; Rank: 95
Latest posts by Megan Batchelor
- 4 Canadian Universities Listed Among World’s Top 100, Toronto, British Columbia, McGill and McMaster Tops - August 19, 2018
- Two Belgian Universities Listed Among Global Top 100: UGent and KU Leuven - August 18, 2018
- Will Brexit Have A Negative Impact On The Student Property Market? - August 16, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: firstname.lastname@example.org