The Rise Of Pharma And Healthcare Billionaires In India
Without question, pharma and healthcare sector is the cradle of the next generation of Indian billionaires, generates more than one in five of the 100 richest billionaires in India.
The rise of pharma and healthcare billionaires is exemplified by India’s second-richest man, Dilip Shanghvi, founder of Sun Pharmaceutical, whose personal wealth soared to $18 billion, overtaking steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal.
Dilip Shanghvi, who got richer this year by $4.1 billion, reflecting the rapidly growing Indian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, according to the latest Forbes rich list.
Here are some of the pharma and healthcare billionaires in India
1. Dilip Shanghvi, founder of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries.
Net Worth: $18 billion; Rank: 1
2. Desh Bandhu Gupta
Net Worth: $4.8 billion; Rank: 19
3. Pankaj Patel
Net Worth: $3.2 billion; Rank: 26
4. Yusuf Hamied
Net Worth: $3 billion; Rank: 28
5. Malvinder & Shivinder Singh
Net Worth: $2.3 billion; Rank: 37
6. Reddy Family
Net Worth: $2.2 billion; Rank: 41
7. Ajay Piramal
Net Worth: $2.1 billion; Rank: 44
8. Murali Divi
Net Worth: $2 billion; Rank: 45
9. Samprada Singh
Net Worth: $1.9 billion; Rank: 52
10. P.V. Ramprasad Reddy
Net Worth: $1.8 billion; Rank: 54
11. Glenn Saldanha
Net Worth: $1.7 billion; Rank: 59
12. Ramesh Juneja
Net Worth: $1.5 billion; Rank: 68
13. Dilip & Anand Surana
Net Worth: $1.3 billion; Rank: 73
14. Habil Khorakiwala
Net Worth: $1.3 billion; Rank: 76
15. Hasmukh Chudgar, founder of Antas Pharmaceuticals, recently valued by Temasek at close to $1.4 billion.
Net Worth: $1.2 billion; Rank: 80
16. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
Net Worth: $1.2 billion; Rank: 81
17. B.R. Shetty
Net Worth: $1.1 billion; Rank: 86
18. Rajendra Agarwal
Net Worth: $1.1 billion; Rank: 90
18. Azad Moopen, chairs Dubai-based Aster DM Healthcare, a leading health care provider in the Middle East and India.
Net Worth: $1.1 billion; Rank: 95
Latest posts by Editor, Megan Batchelor (see all)
- 37 American Universities In The World’s 100 Best Research-Intensive Institutions For 2017: Harvard, Michigan, Johns Hopkins, And Stanford Tops - 06/22/2017
- 3 Germany-Based Fashion Schools Top CEOWORLD magazine List Of World’s Best Fashion Schools, 2017 - 05/10/2017
- Streamlining your Accounts Payable Process with AP Automation - 05/09/2017