Marillyn Hewson, chairwoman and CEO of Lockheed Martin Corp., the aerospace and defense giant, ranked as the most powerful woman in the Defense And Aerospace Industry.
Number two on the list is Phebe Novakovic, Chairman and CEO of General Dynamics, while third is Sondra Barbour, an executive vice president at Lockheed Martin, based on the rankings released by Fortune magazine.
Below are 3 most powerful woman in defense and aerospace:
1. Marillyn A. Hewson, Chairman, CEO, and President, Lockheed Martin Corp., manages 116,000 employees around the world along with the largest weapons program in U.S. history. Fortune highlighted Hewson because Lockheed posted record operating profits and earnings per share in 2013, her first year as CEO of the world’s largest defense contractor, despite a 4% drop in revenue, to $45.4 billion.
In her 30 years with Lockheed Martin, she has held a variety of increasingly responsible executive positions with the Corporation, including President and Chief Operating Officer, and Executive Vice President of Lockheed Martin’s Electronic Systems business area. She is also a member of Lockheed Martin’s Board of Directors.
2. Phebe Novakovic
Chairman and CEO, General Dynamics
Magazine highlighted her because, Novakovic took over in January 2013, just after General Dynamics lost $332 million. Within a year, the defense contractor posted $2.4 billion in profits.
3. Sondra Barbour, Executive Vice President of Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS) business area and an officer of the Lockheed Martin Corporation. Under her leadership, IS&GS employs 26,000 experienced professionals, who provide advanced information systems, security and services supporting the critical, complex missions of customers worldwide.
Magazine highlighted her because, Barbour’s unit gets 93% of its $8.4 billion in sales from the government, so declining federal IT budgets have hurt; her 2013 revenue and operating profits fell 5% and 6%, respectively.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018
- Report: The Least (And The Most) Diverse States In The U.S. For 2018 - September 19, 2018