25 Most Influential And Powerful Women In The Arab World: 2014 List
It comes as no surprise to me that Egyptian women are dominating the list of 200 most influential and powerful women in the Gulf, with 29 entries. A big round of applause for the land of the Pharaohs!
Saudi Arabia comes in 2nd with 27 entries, followed closely by women from the UAE coming in 3rd place, took 26 entries on the list, while Oman’s female leaders in business and government had 11 spots.
The Forbes Middle East list, topped by Shaikha K. Al-Bahar, who is the Deputy Group CEO of the National Bank of Kuwait, followed by Dr. Nayka Hayek from Lebanon who serves as the Chairperson of Swatch Group.
It’s also noteworthy that The ranking this time around has also extended to include women who currently occupy C-level, board, chair and presidential roles in their companies, reflecting the increasingly significant role of females who are taking senior roles in the corporate world.
1. Shaikha K. Al Bahar (Kuwait) Deputy Group CEO of the National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), the Gulf Arab state’s largest commercial lender.
2. Nayla Hayek (Lebanon) Chair of the Board of Directors, Swatch Group, which owns numerous brands including Omega, Longines, Rado, Blancpain, Breguet, Swatch, Harry Winston, and Tissot.
3. Salma Ali Saif Saeed Bin Hareb (UAE) Chief Executive Officer of Jebel Ali Free Zone (Jafza), as well as its parent company Economic Zones World.
4. Huda M. Al-Ghoson (Saudi Arabia) Executive Director – HR, Oil giant Saudi Aramco.
4. Nabilah Al Tunisi (Saudi Arabia) GM – Northern Area Projects Management, Oil giant Saudi Aramco.
6. Dr Amina Al Rustamani (UAE) Group Chief Executive Officer, TECOM Investments.
7. Fadwa Yacoub Al-Homaizi (Kuwait) Chairperson Kuwait-based Kout Food Group.
8. Maha Al Ghunaim (Kuwait) Chairperson & Group CEO, Global Investment House, one of the region’s largest investment companies.
9. Sara Akbar (Kuwait) the chief executive officer and co-founder of Kuwait Energy, one of the few independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in the Middle East. She has had several senior positions in Kuwait Oil Company and Kuwait Foreign Petroleum (KUFPEC).
10. Elham Mahfouz (Egypt) Acting CEO of Commercial Bank of Kuwait.
11. Nahed Taher (Saudi Arabia) Co-Founder, Co-CEO & Executive Director at Gulf One Investment Bank.
12. Nisreen Shocair (Jordan) President at Virgin Megastores – Virgin Megastores Middle East.
13. Dalya Al Muthanna (UAE) President & CEO at General Electric Gulf.
14. Maha Fitaihi (Saudi Arabia) Board Member at Fitaihi Group Holding Company.
15. Randa El Assaad (Lebanon) CEO at Arif & Bintoak Consulting Architects & Engineers.
16. Hosnia Hashim (Kuwait) VP – Operations at Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC).
17. Nevine Loutfy (Egypt) MD & CEO Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank -Egypt
18. Simona Sabella Bishouty (Jordan) MD & CEO Arab Banking Corporation (Jordan)
19. Mira Al Attiyah (Qatar) CEO at QNB Capital
20. Riham Fouad Al-Ghanim (Kuwait) Vice Chairwoman / Chairperson at Kuwait Finance and Investment Company / KNETCO
21. Suzzanne Al Anani (UAE) Dubai Aviation Engineering Projects CEO
22. Shahira Mohamed Magdy Zeid (Egypt) Maridive Group Vice Chairperson
23. Heba Thabet (Egypt) Juhayna Food Industries Director
24. Shahinaz Foda (Egypt) Emirates NBD – Egypt Deputy MD
25. Ghaida Ghassan Al Khaled (Kuwait) Chairperson & COO ACICO Construction
You may also be interested in:
- Top 20 most peaceful countries in the world: 2015 ranking Iceland remains the most peaceful country in the world, according to the 2015 Global […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- The Ultra-Rich Billionaires’ Club Grows 7% In 2014 To 2,325, Welcomed 155 New Members The vast majority of people lost their jobs in layoffs and cutbacks during the economic […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Top 10 Key American Housing Markets To Watch In 2015 A new research by a real estate firm Trulia ranked Boston as No. 1 on its list of the […] Posted in Rankings
- Realcan’s Chairman Han Xu Joins The Exclusive Ranks Of The World’s Billionaires Following gains in the share price of the Shenzhen-listed Shandong Realcan […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- More Men Supporting Women is Better for Business Nearly 26 years ago 14 women came together in Chicago to discuss the state of women in […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Best Trendy Wedding Bride Dresses for Women to buy Here is a list of the Top Best Trendy Wedding Bride Dresses for Women to buy, that’ll be […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- The 10 Friendliest and least friendly cities in the United States Conde Nast Traveler unveiled the latest list of friendliest – and least friendly – […] Posted in Rankings
- 3 Mistakes Every Business Makes with Communication Policies Communication is often cited as one of the most important parts of a business and is […] Posted in Success Insider
- How Conscious Capitalism Will Boost Your Business When the Great Recession hit in 2007, I survived the first round of layoffs in my career […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- The Old G7 And The Hypothetical New G7: Impact On The World Economy While the world seems to be constantly floundering in financial, geopolitical, and […] Posted in Rankings