Ted A. Beattie, President and Chief Executive Officer of Shedd Aquarium, was the highest paid charity CEO among the overpaid nonprofit executives in America, according to a report on executive compensation compiled and published by Charity Navigator, which scrutinizes and grades non-profits.
As such, the highest paid nonprofit CEOs are not of the universe of U.S. charities, but of those that Charity Navigator tracks.
Do you think these Charity C.E.O.s are raking in too much money?
Are you surprised by any of the nonprofits on this list? Let us know your feedback in the comments section below.
7. Kenneth L. Davis, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Mount Sinai.
Nonprofit: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Located in New York City, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, a leader in medical and scientific training, biomedical research and patient care.
6. Deborah Borda, President and CEO
Nonprofit: The Los Angeles Philharmonic
5. Reynold Levy, President
Nonprofit: Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
4. Harry Johns, President and CEO
Nonprofit: Alzheimer’s Association
3. Robert J. Zimmer, President
Nonprofit: University of Chicago
2. Joseph E. Aoun, President
Nonprofit: Northeastern University
1. Ted A. Beattie, President and Chief Executive Officer of Shedd Aquarium, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to public education and conservation, is known as “The World’s Aquarium.” Situated in Grant Park in downtown Chicago, Shedd is home to 32,000 aquatic animals representing more than 1,500 species of fishes, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, birds and mammals from waters around the world.
Note: This article has been corrected to reflect the removal of Abraham H. Foxman from the list as it was brought to our attention that his compensation was miscalculated.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com